Hello Can somebody please help! Im totally new to this

tmac

Hello everyone.

Im totally new to prestashop & ecommerce. Im(trying) to building a new selling jewellery.I have logged onto my back office & clicked on category tab.

I see the box where i would write the name of the category.. example..wedding rings.

However is see some other boxes further down the page. Meta tag, meta description, meta keywords & friendly Url

Can anyone please give me some examples of these...do i need to use a coma to seperate each keyword? can i use more than one word for "meta tag" & is meta description just a description of my products...what to i use in the friend Url??

Like i said im totally new to this..can there any prestashop books available to idiots like me :)

Many thanks in advance

here's the link to the prestashop documentation: http://doc.prestasho...ashboard.action

and here is something about meta:

• Meta title. This is the most important field, as the title that will appear on all search engines. Be very factual: you must convince the search engine user to click your link, not one from another site. Make sure the title is unique to this product within your site.
    • Good example: "Levi's 501® Original Jeans - Tidal Blue - Original Fit".
    • Bad example: "Item #02769869B bestseller".

[*]Meta description. A presentation of the product in just a couple lines (ideally, less than 155 characters), intended to capture a customer's interest. This will appear in results for some search engines, depending on the search request: some search engine might choose to display the searched keywords directly in the context of the page content. Make sure the description is unique to this product within your site.

[*]Meta keywords. You can enter several of them, separated by commas, as well as expressions, which must be indicated in quotation marks. For instance: trousers, denims, "blue jeans", jeans.