Upgrade from 1.4.7 to 1.5 stable and Theme Installation (HELP!)

Hi,

May I know if it is possible to upgrade prestashop and still use my current theme that is meant for 1.4.7?

I would like to purchase a theme meant for 1.5 version but I need to edit some stuff and do not want it to be live immediately and it could not work for 1.4.7 version.

Its such a dilemma!

Could someone please kindly advise how I should do it?

Thank you!

Is there a overwiev, why this templates are still not compatible?

I use this for my 1.4.7 : http://addons.prestashop.com/de/neutral/3337-prestashop-template-145.html

And i'd like to upgrade to 1.5.3.

K, i understand, that this will not work, but the question for me is... how many stuff has changed, and what have i to adjust to make it work.

Would be great to got some hints here.

Hi

Firstly , if you have some luck it could work, but even in that case not everything will be workable.

The difference is that the new 1.5 Presta uses different classes, and ID's . The design needs to be cut-ed in a different way, it needs to be done in CSS3 and not CSS 2, also there are some variables that are different in the new Presta, and that will cause your site to be malfunction.

We could help you out, but unfortunately, that job wouldn't be for free.

Anyway, if you seriously want it, please send me a mail, but I would suggest rather to buy a new layout. The upgrade is a different story, thats more complicated.

Kind Regards

Leo