more than 190 error 404

JUPITER2013

Hello,

I turn tu you to help me to find out what is wrong with my website, I launched my own business website since 4 weeks, I have not more 0 url error 404, now i have more than 190 errors soft 404 and when I serch for thes urls in my sitemap I don't find any one of them.

so i generated a new sitemap and send it daily to googlebot via google tools webmasters.

please what can I do to fixe this? beacause I know that googlebot penelize my website.

thank you a lot

No panic! You need to make 301 redirects from broken urls to working ones.

Do you know about 301 redirects? Do you know something about coding?

You need collect all 404 errors url and make a list where to redirect this broken links, then edit .htaccess . And that's it.

• Like 1

Hello hitmaster

thanks a lot for your support, yes I heard about redirect 301, but practeclly I don't knw hw to do it, I know .htaccess and google tools webmaster give me all error crawler 404 give mùe an example how can I wrote this redirect 301 .

thanks a lot

• 1 month later...

No panic! You need to make 301 redirects from broken urls to working ones.

Do you know about 301 redirects? Do you know something about coding?

You need collect all 404 errors url and make a list where to redirect this broken links, then edit .htaccess . And that's it.

Hello, thanks a lot for your response, I learned about this redirect 301, and I show you the code i used:

redirect 301 /oldaddress.html http://www.mywebsite.com/newadress.html

but I am waiting since several days, and nothing happens.

Thank you for your support!

• 2 weeks later...

hitmaster

Do u know that if you redirect all those 404 urls to good urls then you get redirect loop because in the htacess there is predefined rules for categories , products and other cms pages and the 404 pages are also one of them < say like stock out, no products and other pages which we don't want anymore >.

So it would not be good idea i guess as i have tried to redirect them all.

Prestashop developer should have someone to fix this thing as this one the major factor in google's eye for sites performance and issue.

• 3 weeks later...

hitmaster

Do u know that if you redirect all those 404 urls to good urls then you get redirect loop because in the htacess there is predefined rules for categories , products and other cms pages and the 404 pages are also one of them < say like stock out, no products and other pages which we don't want anymore >.

So it would not be good idea i guess as i have tried to redirect them all.

Prestashop developer should have someone to fix this thing as this one the major factor in google's eye for sites performance and issue.

hI, thank you for your support, in fact i tried to fix this problem with permanent redirect, but it doesn't work! so what is the solution please!

Hello,

I turn tu you to help me to find out what is wrong with my website, I launched my own business website since 4 weeks, I have not more 0 url error 404, now i have more than 190 errors soft 404 and when I serch for thes urls in my sitemap I don't find any one of them.

so i generated a new sitemap and send it daily to googlebot via google tools webmasters.

please what can I do to fixe this? beacause I know that googlebot penelize my website.

thank you a lot

What does these pages looks like? Are these your main product pages?

Redirects are good way to avoaid penality due to broken links. try 301 or 401 redirect for permenent or temp redirection. I use Xenu tool to find out broken links. this is best too to diagnose onsite

• Like 1

Hi, THANK YOU A LOT FOR YOUR ANSWERS,

What does these pages looks like? Are these your main product pages?

I sent a new sitemap into google webmaster tools, and i canceled all these 190 errors 404, so now i have no longer 404 errors, but i still have double meta description :about 80 pages, and i don't know why googlebot can't UNDERSTAND that thes pages doesn't exist thanx to new sitemap.

i tried redirect from the former url to the newest ones, but nothing changed!

yes these pages are products pages, I made a lot of changes.

concerning xenux, i used it but i have no 404 error, it's fine!

thank you

• 1 month later...