Upgrade from 1.3.1

I've got a shop running 1.3.1. I've been scared of upgrading, because it sort of works fine and I don't want to risk a mission critical setup, but I'm now worried about being "left behind", with an ancient and incompatible version, which can't use the latest modules, etc.

Lots of people seem to be having trouble going from 1.4 to 1.5. It's not as easy as just installing the new version and letting it sort it out, is it?

I've looked at a company that does auto-migration, but they don't have 1.3 on their list.

• 2 weeks later...

1.3.1 is quite old and no longer maintained, so you would be missing out on possible security features/patches that would be implemented, especially to some embedded libraries.

I would suggest to upgrade to at least v1.4.9, which is the latest stable release. That will better position you to upgrade to v1.5 when it is more stable, and also provide you with better support from the community.

There are several things to consider during an upgrade however, that will determine the level of effort and cost if you cannot perform the upgrade yourself.

If you are interested in proceeding with a paid service, send me a PM and we can discuss the details further.

• Like 1