[solved]Fatal error in module smarty_internal_write_file

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to install the 1.5.3.1 (brand new install for the brand new year ^^ )

I tried many times but I always get this annoying message in the footer of the module section:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module smarty_internal_write_file:

unlink(/home/users/0/lolipop.jp-zozio/web/theshop/cache/smarty/compile/f369a21252a7a927214e2cf2cc72c6363ac0d87e.file.list.tpl.php) [

function.unlink

]: No such file or directory

I guess it has something to do with the smarty folder (but I am not sure)

I tried once to change the chmod to 655 recursively through ssh but the permission was denied.

I then tried through the ftp client(winscp) and it strangely was accepted. But from this moment, error 500 and no way to reverse the chmod ...

^_^ I just reinstalled a fresh install and I wait for your kind wise recommendations !

Edit: I am an idiot -> I tried to chmod the tools/smarty folder when I had to chmod the /cache folder... I've put a 755 and the error message disappeared. I hope at least it will help someone...

Edited by mastobuuth (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, 

A little up fot this thread. I encouter the error in Ebay module. The front-office is a blank page. I'm using PS16

[Prestashop] Fatal error in module smarty_internal_write__file
Uncaught--> Smarty unable to write file /web/../../../cache/smarty/compile/d9/98/06/wrt........... <-- thrown

After having checked the FTP, I've noticed the folder /d9 doesn't exist.

I don't understand why.

What wpould the solution please ?

Thanks

Hi,

I think it's not tied to Ebay module but to the htaccess generated from the back-office.

A thing I don't really understand, during the day time, the site is running well, and each morning I have some blank pages on the front-office and I have to go to the back-office, in performances and at the very bottom and switch to Cache > No, then switch again to Yes and my pages show again.

Has someone an idea of what's going on ?

Do I have to empty the whole cache in emtying it from the back-office ?

Thanks

Edited by mylesk42 (see edit history)

Hi,

I have the error whil connecting to the Modules page of the back-office:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module smarty_internal_write_file:
Uncaught --> Smarty: unable to write file /web/xxx/www/cache/smarty/compile/af/56/05/wrt556f0d90c00ae5_75956283 <-- thrown

I have the Ebay module activated, I don't know the link between this.

I use PS 1609 and I already have /cache folder to 755

The folder /af under /complie does not exist but it is created by Smarty ?

Thanks for a begginning of solution.

Edited by mylesk42 (see edit history)

Under Advanced parameters > Performances at the bottom of the page the cache is activated and when I choose 4 for in the field under for "the level of the tree " and click save , 4 is not saved, but 1 re-appears.

An idea ?

Thanks