URGENT-PLEASE HELP! Backward compatibility killed my modules and payment tab info

CB

URGENT - PLEASE HELP!!! Backwards compatibility module messed up my modules and payment info.

I was working on adding the mobile app on my site and had to add the new paypal module. I got a warning that said I needed to delete the previous paypal API module and add the backward compatibility module for the new paypal module to work. I deleted the API module. Then after I added the backward compatibility module I lost all the listing of and access to my modules, including the ability to search for adding anything and I also lost everything under the payments tab. PLEASE HELP ASAP!

I am using 1.4.4.1

I posted this here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/215308-help-backward-compatibility-module-killed-my-modules-and-payments-pages/

but I think it may have been the wrong place to put it and I don't know how to move it.

Found this: http://www.prestasho...-adding-paypal/

which led me to this error listing:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class BackwardCompatibility in /home/asgoutdo/public_html/modules/backwardcompatibility/backwardcompatibility.php on line 162

but aside from confirming to me that it is likely due to the backward compatibility module, I don't know what it means or what to do with it. The payment tab is listing the same error.

Edited by CB (see edit history)

I accessed the backwardcompatibility.phpot file and can see a potential spot where it appears that "backward_compatability" may be declared a second time as a class as the error suggests, but by following return symbols to estimate where line 162 might be, the possible repeat is no way near line 162, but I might be going about this wrong. I experimented and just put a "1" at the end of the backward compatibility module folder name in the root so that it would not be found. This gave me my display back in my back office for the payment and modules tabs - but - I am back to a paypal warning that says "PayPal - To work properly the module requires the backward compatibility module enabled". This puts me right back where I was after deleting the paypal APi module (which I can not replace anymore). So I am still here stuck not able to service customers because they cannot check out with paypal as it is my only payment processor. I am concerned about upgrading to 1.4.9 because I don't want to run into any problems and be stuck there either. Any programmers, prestashop developers or others out there have any thoughts or recommendations?

I downloaded the backwardcompatibility.php file and deleted line that appeared to be the 2nd class re-declaration of backwardcompatability, relabeled the original file in the cpanel as backwardcompatability1.php, uploaded my modified php file and took off the 1 at the end of the folder name then refreshed the modules tab to see if it would get past the error with no luck. I am back to putting a 1 at the end of the backwardcompatability folder so prestashop will not see it to get my modules back in the back office and I am stuck again. I reported it as a bug. Anyone got any ideas? I would just go back to my previous paypal but as I mentioned, I had to delete that.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi CB,

I have exactly the same problem. I'm trying to upgrade to PayPal 3.4.9 on Prestashop 1.4.2.5 using Backward Compatibility version 0.4.5. Did you have any luck fixing the issue?

Thanks, Tom