Order page SSL issue

i am having an issue regarding SSL on the order page.. I changed the ssl settings from the database.

the issue is that when the ssl is disabled. i can access the order page (after clicking on checkout). It shows everything in the cart and works perfectly . Even if i manually run the url with HTTPs link . it works without any SSL issue. But when i enable SSL from Back Office or Database .. it gives me this issue :

Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

Does anyone has an idea what should i do!

yes i did! the domain is www.****** and so is the SSL url.. but i dont understand anything.. again when i disable SSL from BO.. it works correctly but on HTTP.. i have enter HTTPs manually.. but when i activate it via back office or database change.. it takes me to HTTPS alright .. but it shows me the redirection error.. And if i use friendly URLs. it gives me Page not found issue

• 2 years later...

Yikes, forgot to add that you should reset the .htaccess file.  The easiest way that I know to do that is back office -> preferences -> seo & urls -> click whatever you don't currently have enabled under Set Up URLS -> Friendly URL ->  Yes/No, click save, then enable which ever of the two you want for the store.