en Jump to content
chordz

Order page SSL issue

Question

i am having an issue regarding SSL on the order page.. I changed the ssl settings from the database.

the issue is that when the ssl is disabled. i can access the order page (after clicking on checkout). It shows everything in the cart and works perfectly . Even if i manually run the url with HTTPs link . it works without any SSL issue. But when i enable SSL from Back Office or Database .. it gives me this issue :

Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

Does anyone has an idea what should i do!

11 answers to this question

Did you fill in the ssl url in your Backend panel?

I am sorry, what do You think by that.

I have the same problem

Thanks

yes i did! the domain is www.****** and so is the SSL url.. but i dont understand anything.. again when i disable SSL from BO.. it works correctly but on HTTP.. i have enter HTTPs manually.. but when i activate it via back office or database change.. it takes me to HTTPS alright .. but it shows me the redirection error.. And if i use friendly URLs. it gives me Page not found issue

no reply !.. please guys i need this. I have also contacted the domain provider but everything is fine from their side!

I contacted the domain providers again and asked them. They still say everything is fine from their side. Although they suggested i should change by hosting packing to use a VPS.

Did you really do BOTH these things:

1) go to back office -> preferences -> SEO & URLs -> scroll down and fill in Set shop URL

2) go to back office -> preferences -> general -> enable SSL

Yikes, forgot to add that you should reset the .htaccess file.  The easiest way that I know to do that is back office -> preferences -> seo & urls -> click whatever you don't currently have enabled under Set Up URLS -> Friendly URL ->  Yes/No, click save, then enable which ever of the two you want for the store.

Did you really do BOTH these things:

1) go to back office -> preferences -> SEO & URLs -> scroll down and fill in Set shop URL

2) go to back office -> preferences -> general -> enable SSL

I have already try this change but no sol'n