New Idea to troubleshoot

Sometimes there are common problems that a lot people would like fixed. It would be cool if prestashop set up something like Kickstarters pledge system. People with problems could pledge money towards correcting a problem. Coders could take on projects when they feel enough money has been pledged to warrant their effort.

It rewards coders for their time. Large complicated problems that are important to a lot of users, but too much work for one coder to solve out of niceness might actually get done.

In case you're not familiar to kickstarters.

http://www.kickstarter.com

What do you guys think? Yay or Nay...

• Like 2

Sure but what I'm talking about isn't really related to debugging. At least I don't think it is. I'm suggesting a way that interested parties could 'group' pay users/coders that know how to resolve issues. I personally can't code and can't code any features that don't come as standard or as part of a module in prestashop. I don't expect people to go out of their way to do this for me especially if the problem is very difficult.

But, if there was a means that people with the same problem as mine could pledge money towards a solution I feel there would be more incentive for the problem solvers (those that can code) to provide solutions.

It's a suggestion and I'm interested to hear what you guys think - maybe I'm a crazy bat?

There's nothing stopping someone else setting up their own website offering this pledge system to resolve coding issues in prestashop but it would be nicer to see on the prestashop site itself.

• Like 1