[solved] Global css for putting borders on block boxes ?

Is there a global element in the css to create a thin 1px border around the boxes in the left & right columns eg: Categories, Information, Wish list etc., ?

or do I have to to to each block and edit various css files to do this?

Also, which element allows me to put a box around the main centre column (content area).

Thanks for some help please - don't need code, just a hint as to where to find in the css files to edit what I need.

Thank you for replying ! Worked perfectly on the default theme that I'm using :)

One small design problem... I have the featured box on front page - but this border is cutting into the Price link.

I should know this, but haven't written css for a few years, but it's all coming back slowly :) but can I know write an attribute, so that this border is display: none just for the Featured Products block?

Update: I just added a bit of padding to the boxes,and it looks better, but would still love to know how to NOT have a border on the Featured Products area only - if you can help :)

.block_content{

border:1px solid #E1E1DA;

padding-left: 4px;

padding-right: 4px;

padding-bottom: 10px;

}

Edited by nadiap (see edit history)

Thanks Joel - I actually don't mind the border on that block box, but the products are now popping out of the box if there's more than 3 in a row... so may remove it your way - or at least I'll try :)

I also need to remove the border around the my_account box in the footer - but just can't find where to change that individually - any idea?

Edited by nadiap (see edit history)

yeah! i marked this topic as solved. Hope it helps for other users who want to add thin border to the blocks in own shop!

You beat me to it - I was late in coming to mark it as solved :) and yes, all the advice here helped !

• 3 weeks later...