I get an error in configure shop information at 58%

When I restart I obviously cannot get through the error, even if I dump all the database tables.

There is no error in the install log file but did find the error in the php_errors log.

I started all over with installing 1.5.2.0 and either way I get the same error.

Here is the error I get in version 1.5.2.0

[04-Jan-2013 06:18:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopException' with message 'Property Group->name is empty' in C:\DWASFiles\Sites\mysite\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\classes\ObjectModel.php:825

Stack trace:

#0 C:\DWASFiles\Sites\mysite\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\classes\ObjectModel.php(306): ObjectModelCore->validateFieldsLang()

#1 C:\DWASFiles\Sites\mysite\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\classes\ObjectModel.php(490): ObjectModelCore->getFieldsLang()

#2 C:\DWASFiles\Sites\mysite\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\classes\Group.php(146): ObjectModelCore->add(true, false)

#3 C:\DWASFiles\Sites\mysite\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\classes\ObjectModel.php(427): GroupCore->add(true, false)

#4 C:\DWASFiles\Sites\mysite\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\classes\LocalizationPack.php(438): ObjectModelCore->save()

#5 C:\DWASFiles\Sites\mysite\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\classes\LocalizationPack.php(55): LocalizationPackCore->updateDefaultGroupDisplayMethod(Object(SimpleXMLElem in C:\DWASFiles\Sites\mysite\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\classes\ObjectModel.php on line 825

Edited by breadtruck (see edit history)

Hi breadtuck, who is your hosting provider? Have you spoken with them about the issue, make sure they meet the system requirements

Also, how are you installing PrestaShop? Simple Script or manually through FTP?

I was running the install in a windows azure website. Everything appears to be in order from a system requirements perspective.

I obviously made it through over half the install and past these items

• Create settings.inc file
  • Create database tables
  • Create default shop and languages
  • Populate database tables

I was installing manually through FTP. I figured based on the error somebody would be able to tell me where to look.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i facing the same problem, cant go pass step 2 (after clicked next from page 2, go back to page 1) , even cant select other languages rather than default english, i checked my server log manager : it show

PHP Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE in /httpdocs/install/classes/languages.php on line 189

please advice.

wai king