Accessing RSS feed on website

I am trying to get news feeds to a section on my website. I have installed RSS feed block module &
clicked configured RSS feed block module in back office. How do I get this to show on my website. do I need to add any extra coding in the particular section in the CMS? It's very confusing

There are two RSS modules. Install "RSS products feed v0.2" to enable RSS on your store. The RSS button should then become enabled for your store in your browser. If you click on it, you should see a list of products in the RSS feed. Copy the URL in the address bar of the browser.

Install the module "RSS feed block v1.0" to display a block in your sidebar with the latest items of a RSS feed you specify. On the configuration page of the module, paste the feed URL you copied into "Add a feed URL", then specify how many items you want to display, the title of block, then click Save.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get this to work. I installed “RSS products feed v0.2” and see no RSS feed button, however I was able to get Feed Demon to find the feed which is mysite.com/modules/feeder/rss.php
which I entered into the configuration for RSS feed block v1.0. But then the feed block on the home page says "No RSS feed added". I've tried everything I can think of. Anything else I should look for? Thanks.
Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

I can't get RSS Feed either.

Can anyone HELP Please?

ALSO: The feed shows the link to my MODULES folder which I think is a very high SECURITY RISK.

Someone that can help, please help! (How can I get the feed to work? it has been enable but no product and I get error page)

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Can anyone HELP Please?

ALSO: The feed shows the link to my MODULES folder which I think is a very high SECURITY RISK.

Someone that can help, please help! (How can I get the feed to work? it has been enable but no product and I get error page)

Thanks

hello... YOU can rewrite URL using htaccess

place there following line:
RewriteRule ^rss/?$ modules/feeder/rss.php?id_category [NC,L] # Handle requests for "rss"

NOW You can enter this page using following url:
http://yourwebsite.com/rss

hope it will work 4 you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Can anyone HELP Please?

Thanks

hello... YOU can rewrite URL using htaccess

place there following line:

RewriteRule ^rss/?$ modules/feeder/rss.php?id_category [NC,L] # Handle requests for "rss"

NOW You can enter this page using following url:

http://yourwebsite.com/rss

hope it will work 4 you.

If i do that than you can access it the normal way and the old way. Is there a way so that if you click on the icon it automaticly takes you to the /rss/ version instead of having both on the site.

• 3 months later...

If i do that than you can access it the normal way and the old way. Is there a way so that if you click on the icon it automaticly takes you to the /rss/ version instead of having both on the site.

You can also 'feed' your feed to Google's feedburner: feedburner.google.com.

This way you also get extensive optimize and analyze options.

-Dave

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

This is pretty goofy that this problem has been around for 6 years and still no answer.  I've installed the modules and I believe I have it configured properly to feed through feedburner... yet the RSS link just keeps going to prestashop blog/en.  Any chance new info has popped up since 2012?

Finally!... It has nothing to do witht RSS Feed module or RSS Block Module... It ultimately goes through the SOCIAL NETWORKING BLOCK.  

I love Prestashop and all it's modules and how easy they make site production... but sometimes it can be difficult to find the simplest thing. - I took me 10 hours to figure out that last variable.  :) Oh well on to the next challenge.

Edited by clneal2003 (see edit history)