Quick Search block in the wrong place need help

Hi there!

I am currently using Prestashop 1.5.2 latest version of PS.

I have a problem with the quick search block.

It just keeps appearing in the top of page in the left section where my logo is.

I want the search block to be either just up above the top horizontal menu in the middle.

or the search block to be on the far right side on the Top horizontal menu

Could someone help me with this?

I would greatly appreciate if someone can!

I am attaching a picture.

post-449645-0-70986600-1356410390_thumb.jpg

You need to edit the css file, go to ..modules/blocksearch and edit blocksearch.css, if you give a link to your site I can give you code to fix that you can then paste into your css file.

Also the top menu already has a search bar that will be where you want you just need to enable it in the configuration then you can uninstall the blocksearch.

Goldmaverick, it sounds like reinstalling the module means the module order has changed for that particular hook.

In the admin section, go to the Modules tab then Positions. It might take some trial and error, but try moving the quick search module further up the 'Top of Pages' list until it appears in the position it used to be.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

same problem here... www.internetovalekaren.com

I have installed cleantheme and make some few changes, everything was fine, but suddenly yesterday my search box which was originally on the top, between the logo and shopping cart jumped to left top corner behind the logo...

my blocksearch.css is

#search_block_top {
position:absolute;
right: 26%;
top: 34px;
}

but cleantheme.css is overriding it with :

.cleantheme #search_block_top{right:26%;position:absolute;top:34px;width:457px;}
.cleantheme #search_block_top .button{-webkit-box-shadow:0 1px 0 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2) inset;-moz-box-shadow:0 1px 0 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2) inset;box-shadow:0 1px 0 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2) inset;padding:0 5px 0px;font-size:16px;line-height:21px;margin-left:5px;font-weight:normal;background-color:#e5511a;background-image:-moz-linear-gradient(top, #f15a23, #d4420d);background-image:-ms-linear-gradient(top, #f15a23, #d4420d);background-image:-webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 0 100%, from(#f15a23), to(#d4420d));background-image:-webkit-linear-gradient(top, #f15a23, #d4420d);background-image:-o-linear-gradient(top, #f15a23, #d4420d);background-image:linear-gradient(top, #f15a23, #d4420d);background-repeat:repeat-x;filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#f15a23', endColorstr='#d4420d', GradientType=0);filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='@startColor', endColorstr='@endColor', GradientType=0);-ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(GradientType=0,startColorstr='@startColor', endColorstr='@endColor')";border:1px solid #a4330a;color:#fff;-webkit-border-radius:4px;-moz-border-radius:4px;border-radius:4px;text-shadow:0px -1px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25);-ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.dropshadow(OffX=0,OffY=-1,Color=#40000000,Positive=true)";zoom:1;height:33px;}.cleantheme #search_block_top .button:hover,.cleantheme #search_block_top .button:focus{color:#fff;text-decoration:none;background-position:0 0;border:1px solid #626C73;background-color:#f26632;background-image:-moz-linear-gradient(top, #f2612d, #f36c3b);background-image:-ms-linear-gradient(top, #f2612d, #f36c3b);background-image:-webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 0 100%, from(#f2612d), to(#f36c3b));background-image:-webkit-linear-gradient(top, #f2612d, #f36c3b);background-image:-o-linear-gradient(top, #f2612d, #f36c3b);background-image:linear-gradient(top, #f2612d, #f36c3b);background-repeat:repeat-x;filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#f2612d', endColorstr='#f36c3b', GradientType=0);filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='@startColor', endColorstr='@endColor', GradientType=0);-ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(GradientType=0,startColorstr='@startColor', endColorstr='@endColor')";-webkit-transition:background-position 0.5s linear;-moz-transition:background-position 0.5s linear;-ms-transition:background-position 0.5s linear;-o-transition:background-position 0.5s linear;transition:background-position 0.5s linear;text-shadow:0px -1px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25);-ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.dropshadow(OffX=0,OffY=-1,Color=#40000000,Positive=true)";zoom:1;}

so if you want to use:

#search_block_top {
position:absolute;
right: 26%;
top: 34px;
}

instead of cleantheme modificaiton just use it with !important modifier:

#search_block_top {
position:absolute!important;
right: 26%!important;
top: 34px!important;
}