Combinations - Arrgh! - Driving me nuts in 1.5.2

I've been trying to get combinations working in 1.5.2 and everytime I think I've managed to get around a problem I find another one. I've been going around in circles.

Here are the issues I am running into. This is on the default theme.

I have products with multiple attributes so I use the combination generator. Everything seems fine except if I use the Search Bar or Quick Search on the site. If I do that then the product comes up with a cost of £0.00. Only in the search results for products I have used the combination generator on. Other products are OK. If I list the results in price order, they go in the right order as if the products price is correct and is not £0 even though it shows it as that. If I add the product to the cart or view the product it shows the right price. I have not changed the theme. Prices of the product are correct every where else.

Then I discovered that I could copy the product with this issue and the copy didnt have the issue. Great! Except then I went to adjust the combinations for the item by going into the combinations generator and I find that any copied products show the prices and the weights all messed up in the combinations generator (really messed up). They are correct in the combinations but just not in the generator and I would have to retype all the weights and prices of the combinations again.

Does anyone run into this and have some kind of fix...