IE8 Only Problem

I've seen and tried a few 'fixes' but none have corrected the problem. In the 'add an address' portion, I have a 'IDENTIFICATION NUMBER' block above the NAME block and the STATE block doesn't work therefore customers are not able to add their addresses. However, it works fine in Chrome and Safari.

What you do it remove lines with the - and replace with the +, (remove the +) I am installing a 1.5 test site with the latest svn version so at this time I do not have a way to test.

I would try both with and without \ No newline at end of file, it looks as though the line was added because the closing IF statement was moved.

The one thing I'm wondering about is this is supposed to be a fix for the default theme. What about any other template that is installed either free or purchased? I'm just wondering if it is because the SSL isn't activated just yet. I'm still in a building stage plus trying it out before it goes live and replace an existing store.

I have 2 domains that both are multi-store. Both are ver 1.5.2. Just one domain is throwing off the javascript error. Both domains are on the same host.

I've just noticed that for countries, the one with the problem with javascript errors, it only has 10 countries listed whereas the domain that is not having issues has 244 countries...

Wondering if I could 'refresh' the core files via FTP without doing anything to the database

Edited by mtporter (see edit history)

Don't think it should be a fix. Apparently I have something clicked on or off that is giving me the error.

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C; BRI/2)
Timestamp: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 20:26:15 UTC

Line: 508
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.aquachi.org/en/address

Line: 55
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://www.aquachi.org/themes/default/js/tools/statesManagement.js