Adding Subdomains for Increasing Performance

Hi,

I have been playing a little and have running in locally a media server to permit pallalel downloads to the browsers. In my case I was trying to set a media server for downloading the images placed in img directory.

I do not unsderstand why is working as it soposse not to do it with the following configuration:

The thing is that it only runs if DocumentRoots for Virtual Hosts are pointing to the same path.

What I did first and was failing is configure the new sudomain created for downloading the images an I point it in the DocumentRoot to htdocs\img, so for img.domain.com the default path was htdocs\img.

I set the img.domain.com inside the Media Server box in Prestashop BackOffice and the images where not loading because they were pointing to img.domain.com/img/p/....., so as img.domain.com DocumentRoot was htdocs/img, images where going to subdomain\img\img\....

I changed then the DocumentRoot path for the images subdomain (img.domain.com) to be the same as the default VirtualServer, so I point it to htdocs.

The thing is that everythink works now but I want to know if the is something wrong to have two VirtualHost pointing the same path.

Thanks!

• 2 years later...