[RESOLVED] Invoices are not generated V1.5

Hi all,

I have a problem since the update to version 1.5 of Prestashop: Invoices are not generated, a blank page!

The generation of delivery notes is OK. But this bill is very inconvenient for customers and my accounts.

Firebug tells me errors:

"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error -

Big thank you in advance!

Aurélien

[french]

Le problème venait du module "custom invoice" non compatible avec la V1.5

Edited by aurekl38 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Would be nice to know how this problem resolved itself ... Im having a similar emergency. After adding a few stylesheet changes the whole pdf generation process returns a blank page in the admin section and no pdf is served. All pdf creation stopped dead. Removing changes has no effect.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just started having a similar problem.

Placed a test order, cannot view the invoice. Click the 'View Invoice' button in the order summary (back office) and it takes me to a blank page where I get a http500 error.

Same for delivery slips. Makes me think it's a PDF generation thing.

Any got any ideas?

I'm running Prestashop 1.5.2

Thanks

Edited by cammo (see edit history)

Hey Cammo. It was a while ago, and I did manage to get the thing to work again. I think I replaced the adapted files by the originals from the prestashop.zip. Then after a few refreshes all was working again. I gave up on redesigning the PDF's for this project for now. Not sure what a real solution should be.

Hope this works

I only changed the templates that are responsible for the PDF generation. Never touched any PHP files. In this case, within the folder /pdf in the root I made a copy of invoice.tpl, renamed it and changed the css inside it slightly to balance out the design.

Within the back-end under Orders/Invoice at "Invoice options" I now had the choice to select a different Invoice model and I chose the template I created. The first few changes worked out fine, but at some point all hell broke loose. I also tried changing the standard invoice.tpl and selected that as the model, but that did not solve anything.

In the end I just deleted all files in de /pdf folder and uploaded freshly unzipped ones from the standard install. A few refreshes later all was fine again. I guess this was not the right way to go about the task of customising invoices at all.

After this emergency (the site was already live) I gave up on the idea of making custom invoices for now, although it would be very cool if I got it to work. I'd be very interested to hear if anyone finds the right way to go about this.

Cheers!

[Edit: Excuse me if I get the button/label names wrong. My interface is in Dutch]

Edited by WIZZAH (see edit history)

I have the same problem, it gives me a 500 error when its not in debug mode ('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true). When it's in debug mode it just gives me a blank page. It used to work like a charm, I just added some products and changed the e-mail translations, then it stopped working.

I tried to replace the PDF folder with the original files as mentioned above, but it still gives me a blank page.

I haven't changed anything by hand on files, i just made changes within the administration panel.

It seems that the creation of the PDF's is not working, i'm having the same problem on the credit or delivery slips.

• 8 months later...

Hi there,

I had the same problem, in more detail:
Was trying to customize the invoice and at a point (at which I don't know what exactly was modified) after an invoice was generated when I clicked "See Invoice" in the Admin -> Orders -> Order Details, a new page would open without the "Save file" dialog, completely blank with no source code in it.

What I did:
Step 1: Go to root/config/defines.inc.php and change this line:

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

to this 

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

This is in order to see what exactly is going wrong.

For me it was a line in the pdf/header.tpl that seemingly had a syntax error, which really didn't make too much sense.

Step 2:

I just took the original files from the Prestashop archive and replaced all of root/pdf.

I hope this helps because I see that this forum isn't helping too many people, they say the PrestaShop community is great, but I just don't see it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i just start using prestashop 1.5.6 and i have same problem... when i click the button to see invoice, i just get the white blank page... can some body help us?

hi @rhemaxos

i just do what you said..

After that i see this :

Warning: gzuncompress() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/online/tools/tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 11656

So wha should i do?

thank you

Edited by chianto79 (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone found the best way to fix this , because i see no reason why Admin should mark this thread as RESOLVED when we all still bleeding ........ Thanks @ all the Admins we Love you all  :)  :)

you are right.

PDF icon is not showing in the invoice order in PDF section.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.