Upgrade from PS 1.3 to 1.4

Hi,

I have been using Prestashop 1.3 - need to upgrade to 1.4. I have no idea about making the switch.

I have downloaded the latest 1.4, is there a way of unpacking the files to my laptop and then to the servers before making go live.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Have got to stage 3 of the Prestashop update guide of the Prestashop 1.4 guide

It states:

Launching the update script

Visit your shop's install script URL; for instance: http://www.myprestashop.com/prestashop/install (Replace "myprestashop.com" with the actual URL of your store, and "prestashop" with the name of the folder that you have just transferred to your FTP).

My usual URL was/is: www.rajastones.co.uk

I have tried a number of URLs based on the above advice

1st www.rajastones.co.uk/prestashopraja/install

2nd www.prestashopraja.co.uk/prestashopraja/install

I have no idea what is happening now. I should get the script configuration. But when I type in the URL to install it, it just brings up a page stating that my site is undergoing maintenance. I am not sure that I can see the script install page as shown on the instructions that I have followed.

Some help would be appreciated, please.

Thanks

Raja

Edited by Rajastones (see edit history)

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I had spoken to the hosting company - Namesco. They advised me that I had just put the file 'Prestashopraja' onto the server, and that it is therefore invisible. I could have typed www.rajastones.co.uk/prestashopraja/install as much as you like - but it would not have done anything.

I was then told that it should go into my folder called 'Web'. I transfered the folder title 'prestashopraja' which is my updated prestashop 1.4 store into the folder 'web'.

The folder web contained all the files for my prestshop 1.3.

You can now see that (on the attachment) in the file web, the folder 'web' contains my old site, and my new site is now in the same folder and is called 'prestashopraja'. Is it ok to leave it or should I remove all my old files except for the prestashopraja folder.

I typed - www.rajastones.co.uk/prestashopraja/install, and I got the welcome page for PS 1.4. When I tried your URL, it brought me to my 'maintenance' page.

I called the updated folder with my old PS 1.3 files 'prestashopraja', as I though it was OK.

I am very grateful for the assistance you have given me. I hope to hear from you soon Bellinil3!

Thanks

Kieran

Filezilla Page Shot.doc