Cannot Complete Installation

Hello!

I am a new member of this forum!

Nice to meet you!

Well, I downloaded Prestashop 1.5.2.0 and tried to install it on my hosting provider.

I uploaded every file on the server and then I tried to complete the five steps of the installation process

• Welcome!
  • System Compatibility
  • System Configuration
  • Shop Configuration
  • Installation process

At the "System Compatibility" step everything looks fine, but when I click on "NEXT" button to continue to the next step, I am shown again the "Welcome" page!

I removed all files from the server, downloaded the package again and uploaded to the server, but I cannot move on to the next stage!

Please, let me know what I am doing wrong!

Thanks in advance!

Dimitris.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bierhoff20,

I am also a newby with Prestashop, which really looks promising to me!

But I am having the exact same issue you are having, while installing.

Did you allready manage to solve this or is there anybody who can help us out a bit ?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Robert

Hello,

I`m trying with PS1.5.2 20 days ago.

I`ve completed the shop configuration but when run the install (last step), this proccess stop at 38%

before that I found several problems, all due to the configuration of the hosting

I believe that the version 1.5.2 is correct, in order to complete the installation we must speak with our support area.

The one that looks like my last proplem, is that PS1.5.2 it detects two databases with the prefix ps_

I am using MySQL and it does not give me options to fix the prefix.

Greetings.

You need to drop the old tables. Several ways to do that, but easy way is to delete your existing database and than make new database with the same name. That will give you a fresh empty database for the Prestashop installation to populate.

Hello Bill,

Really I appreciate your time and your answer. But that I already did it and there was no progress.

I will keep on trying.

An candly greeted.