Hi everyone,

I got a big problem with my ecommerce website. You can go on it, it's www.Shopisapro.com to see the problem if you have a PC. If not, you can look at the 2 images that I upload on this post.

With Google Chrome, FireFox, Safari, my website is working great (as we see on the first image).

post-439334-0-23682400-1354050079_thumb.png

But when someone use Internet Explorer, the website look really bad (as we see on the second image).

post-439334-0-59419800-1354050081_thumb.png

Does anyone know how to fix that problem ? Where I have to go to fix that ?

Please help me on that problem !

Alex

• Like 1

In Back Office, go to Performance>High risk HTML compression> select>Keep W3C validation

and everything will look good again.

If it fixes your problem you're "Thank You!!" can be submitting a request to have a tooltip saying "Keep W3C validation for IE browser"

WORKING FINE ! Thanks a lot !

Thanks a lot for the help.

For me, this configution works fine :

post-410443-0-11238200-1354126852_thumb.png

But i see It's different from your configuration Mart03 for exemple.

So i'd like to know wich configuration is the most performant working with IE ?

Thanks a lot

I don't know, i have just test with, this configuration and its works perfect !

So you do what you want ;)

Hello massiveoverkill, thank you for the solution. I think a tooltip would be nice to have as well. That option can be confusing sometimes. I will go ahead and mark this thread as solved. Also, iPodTouchisapro, if you have do have the chance to do a fresh install of 1.5.2, that would be best. You should be able to upgrade fine, but installing a fresh install is best if at all possible. Thank you all for choosing PrestaShop.

Hello massiveoverkill, thank you for the solution. I think a tooltip would be nice to have as well. That option can be confusing sometimes. I will go ahead and mark this thread as solved. Also, iPodTouchisapro, if you have do have the chance to do a fresh install of 1.5.2, that would be best. You should be able to upgrade fine, but installing a fresh install is best if at all possible. Thank you all for choosing PrestaShop.

No no no, I wont go to 1.5.2 lol, I got a lot of problem with this version, I had to rebuild ALL my database of my product, and a lot of bug. So I will stay at 1.5.1.0 right now.

Thanks for the reply

Okay, I am just giving you my recommendation. 1.5.1 has some issues, when 1.5.2 came out it fixed some bugs. If I was comfortable with you using 1.5.1, I would not have said anything. If you were on 1.4.9, I wouldn't either.

But if you are running 1.5, or 1.5.1. I do suggest moving to 1.5.2. Because you have done a lot of work on your store, I understand why you do not want to upgrade.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The problem is not only by changing the selection keep W3C . I'm running PS 1.4. and the default theme PS_alternative with the selection NO for W3C and have no problems with the design.

All PS 1.5. have the problem when you select W3C to no, because the Design is not W3C valid at all. It seems that there is a BOM on the file.

By the way if you validate the theme "default" with W3C validator (also with the setting KEEP W3C) you will have many of errors.

The theme from PS 1.5. should be debugged. It's not well done. http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-1018

• 8 months later...