ADD/DELETE/UPDATE products through PHPADMIN

Hello,

I am new to Prestashop, and I have been playing with the database trying to add products through there. I have installed Wasato, and only need a few fields for that to fill in the data I require. I am able to find the ps_products, ps_product_lang.

What are the necessary fields that I need to make the products show up on my storefront?

Thanks,

I guess a better question would be...

What tables does the csv import hit for products? The csv import only requires a product name. The PHP makes the process take far too long, and continually times out. I have set parameters in my php.ini file to account for this, and the program will run for hours.

Even if you could point me in the direction where I could find the code for the import procedure.

Thanks

I am on a vps server through host gator. I have reinstalled a fresh install, and have upgraded to 1.5.2. The only modules that I have added are 1 click upgrade, and Wasato icecat connector. (Wicecat pro).

I am going to finally go to bed, as it is 5am, and run the first of 3 files again. I will let you know if anything changes.

Ahh ok. Hmm I am guessing you must have long descriptions. You can take apart the csv import php in prestashop to see what structure you would need for a straight sql import. The only bad thing about that is you are going to get no error correcting and you can sack your db.

Hi SMCtronics,

Unless you want to learn coding in PhP and MySQL I strongly recommend you to look for an import tool, you’ll find free and paid ones here in the forum. If you have no experience, you’ll expend too much time to get it right; if you decide to do it, it shouldn’t take more than 1 second per each thousand products without images! Images should be imported separately as it takes longer, it will be around 1 sec per each image depending on your system it can be faster.

The biggest problem there is not importing the products, as it will be finally quiet easy and fast (18.5k will be on 18 seconds), it is to keep the data updated, like the prices and stock, which will be also really fast but it is more complicated to achieve.

You can check out this small tutorial ( http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/167952-how-to-create-a-products-catalogue-in-seconds-using-integration-tools-on-an-empty-shop/ ) it can help you to have a better understanding of the process of creating a shop catalogue and keep it updated.