moving hooks

Hi All,

I am still new to the whole prestashop learning curves. I have got my head around the template system, css ,js but I am still struggling with the hook system.

I have read a whole heap of information regarding how to set them up and how to transplant them in the back office but I can't find any straight forward information as to how to move an existing module to an existing hook when it is not set up for that hook. With were I am in the whole prestashop experience I don't really have the need to create more hooks as there is already plenty available I just need to figure out how to use them.

For example I want to place the specials block in the home page center column and I also want it to appear in the categories page center column.

In saying this the main question i have is can modules be moved to any hook after the php has been set up correctly (use the above example) and what do I need to do to move modules to a hook that it is not set up for?

Thanks in advance

I understand that the module needs to be coded for the hook but what I need to know is if it is possible to code any module for any hook (within reason).

I have read so many posts regarding this issue and due to my lack of knowledge I am struggling with it. I am currently learning about php and smarty so I understand that it is not something that can easily be explained to a newbie, so what I really need to know is if it is possible so I am not wasting time trying to learn something that can not be done.

If I could successfully move something I know I will be able to figure it out but until I have a win I will keep struggling with it.

Thanks again

you will need to edit the php file of the module you want to hook and add:

public function hookLeftColumn($params)

{

return $this->hookRightColumn($params);

}

CHANGE THE "hookLeftColumn" to the hook you want, in the product page it call --> extraLeft & extraRight inside the center column