Critical Cart issue with Prestashop 1.5.2

I really need help with this issue. I have done a clean install of prestashop 1.5.2 but the biggest concern i have is that when i add a product to the cart in the default theme the cart still shows nothing and is empty. From other post threads I have read as I understand this is an issue everyone is experiencing. Thus i wanted to know when is it coming out or is there stable release of prestashop which I can use. Because I need to build a shop after a week and have it ready

If anyone has fixed it or maybe knows what to do please post here

Same problem over here.

This is very annoying when you have 2500 visitors daily! several developers have looked here but it seems that this is a bug in the 1.5.2 version. I work for 5 year with PrestaShop but this is just verry bad!!

Totally agree with you

I hope developers are aware of thi bug and are currently working on it, We have a project that we have to start but due to this major bug we are stuck, i guess i will have to use the latest stable version

Radu, the issue occurs when I enable the friendly URL and also have my domain like this www.mydomain.com, and after when i add anything to the cart i get the empty cart when want to check out, do you have similar settings, also do you have fresh install or upgrade cause i have tested within upgrade this may not occur...

I have two installs of 1.5.2 one is an upgrade from 1.4.9, the other is a fresh install and I to have not experienced this issue.

You say the issue arises from enabling friendly URL with your domain as www.mydomain.com, do you have both shop domain and ssl domain set with the same address or is one set to mydomain.com.

I had a similar issue when using a shared ssl in that the browser saw the two addresses as two different domains hence the empty cart.

In this case the domain was set to mydomain.com and the SSL was set to mydomain.ipage.com but the issue you are having sounds the same.

I also did a test and set Shop domains to www.my domain.com and SSL to mydomain.com and got 404 page not found errors.

Then I set both the same www. and still got 404, then I looked at the .htaccess file and it was still set to mydomain.com, I then set Friendly URL to no and saved, then back to yes and saved and the .htaccess file changed to the www. and everything was fine.

My guess here is that the issue comes from something like this, set both domains the same either www.mydomain.com or mydomain.com then turn friendly URL's off save turn on save and see if your issue resolves.

It would also not hurt to turn force compile on and cache off whilr resolving your issue.

• 1 month later...