Paypal encryption problem

vicmedia

Hi there,

Paypal have suggested I ask the Prestashop experts for advice on a problem I'm having with encryption.

I'm using PS 1.5.1 and once my customers have gone through the check out process, they then click the paypal option to pay. When they enter their login details an error message comes up, saying there's a temporary problem and giving error code 3005. This has happened on several browsers and over the course of 3 days now.

Paypal have been working on it for a day and I just received the following message from them. Could anyone help me with the next step?:

"After long consultations with our web developers and our senior members, I have found out that the problem is in the integration from the software firm. We have tried 7 times to make payment and each times comes up with different errors.

There is an problem with your encryption and this is what is causing your website concerns.

However no problems at all,. If you could contact the software firm (who helped create your website) and ask them to look into the encryption, they can have this rectified no problems at all."

The url is www.littlegeniuscrafts.com/shop

Many thanks for any help you can offer! This is losing me sales!

Hi

Things have now gone from bad to worse. I uninstalled paypal and re-installed and now my live site states I have 'no payment modules' installed. So I've taken another step back.

I'm really desperate for some help on this if anyone can assist. Really tearing my hair out - my shop was meant to launch 4 days ago and it's becoming really embarassing! Thanks.

Hello vicmedia,

I would suggest using Nemo1 and pay for his services to help you fix this issue. He helped with my paypal issues and had it fixed within a hour. I will send him a personal message to contact you. It's your choice but it's well worth to spend a few bucks and get it working properly.

Ok vicmedia I sent Nemo1 a pm just now and gave him your profile page to contact you in case you want this done fast and for him to contact you.

It's your choice of course. I can only vouch for the work he did for me on the paypal module

Cheers

Clayton

Edited by clayton29657 (see edit history)

Hi Clayton,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I'll definitely make a note of Nemo1 as a handy person to help with issues.

However, after making the drastic decision to completely delete my shop (and also accidentally my bespoke theme!) I'm now up and running after a long night of starting from scratch.

In case it's useful to anyone, I changed the way I set up countries and zones this time. I was also having a problem with free shipping showing up when it shouldn't and am not entirely sure the zoning issue was to blame for the Paypal problem, but it's now working great.

(FYI, I had accidentally created two UK countries in my first shop and in the zone, created UK only. This time I have one UK and have ticked Europe in the zone, but disabled all European countries apart from UK, as I only want to ship to one country).

Also, by uninstalling and reinstalling, I'm now on 1.5.2, instead of 1.5.1 - again, not sure if this had any effect.

Thanks again for your helpful suggestion!