How Do I Change Font Size & Colour For All Product Descriptions?

Hi guys

I want to change the font size and the colour for all my product descriptions without manually having to go into each product. How can this be done? Someone said something about global.css but I have no idea where to change this.

Thanks for your help.

Each description is different, which mean if you want the product description from the product page is different file to edit than the product list at featured product, if you can be more specific I can help you, if you can attach a link to your site with detailed information about what you want I will help you as much as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi....I'd like to know how to do this too....

In add new product it is the Description: (appears in the body of the product page) font ...NOT the short description (appears in the product lists and on the top of the product page)

Many thanks in advance....

Again none of you guys are paying attention to my first post.

Basically the text in the website that is not getting a specific style is located at: themes/default/css/global.css between lines: 54-56 assuming you are using prestashop 1.5.2

line 54:font:normal 11px/14px Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; <---- The size & style of the font

line 55:color:#222; <---- The color of the font

line 56:background:#fff <----- The background of the font

All your styles inside product pages located at: themes/default/css/product.css (in general)

Now lets take 1sweetman url for example: http://www.sexythings4u.eu/

at home page in order for him to change the text for the featured product he will need to edit homefeatued.css in the module folder, because if you will change the main body font style from global.css you will effect the entire screen (left column, right column text).

that's why I said its important to know which part exactly you want to change.

lets stay with the same url of 1sweetman, if he want to change font style for products description, the product list page & the individual product page are different files to edit also.

If someone need help with that, please be more specific about your request.

in themes/default/css/global.css -> line 619

right now you have: #more_info_sheets {padding-top:10px} just add what ever you want, like font-size:16px; etc....

so you will have #more_info_sheets {padding-top:10px; font-size:16px;}

btw: this is your full description text.

if you want to edit the short description which located on the right side of the image you need to edit themes/default/css/product.css line 122 -> #pb-left-column #short_description_block

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys

I want to change the font size and the colour for all my product descriptions without manually having to go into each product. How can this be done? Someone said something about global.css but I have no idea where to change this.

Thanks for your help.

I wish people on this forum would actually read peoples post before posting solutions, it's so frustrating! Nobody on here who has given a 'solution' has managed to address the fact he also asked about the COLOUR!

So any chance someone could please explain what line you put in to change the font?

Here is my existing CSS which relates to #more_info_sheets. If I want to change the font colour to red (for example) on ALL product descriptions (short description and also 'info' decription) where would i put it please?

}
#more_info_sheets {padding-top:10px}
#more_info_sheets ul,
#more_info_sheets ol,
#more_info_sheets dl {margin-left:20px}
#more_info_sheets em {font-style:italic}
#more_info_sheets .product_desc{
margin-top:5px
}
#more_info_sheets .product_desc .product_image{
float:left
}
#more_info_sheets .product_desc .block_description{
float:left;
margin-left:10px;
width:420px
}
#more_info_sheets .product_desc .clear_product_desc{
clear:both;
height:0px;
line-height:0px
}

Thanks guys

Edited by dazlia (see edit history)

• 9 months later...

you're welcome B) glad that i could help you

if you have any other questions - feel free to write :)

Hi Vekia,

How can I change font size & text content on product page in PS 1.5.6.2? www.best99wares.net

Q1: I have tried to modified product.css but nothing changed. BTW, I  can`t find where is 'product_reference'.

Q2: Where can I change the text content ?

post-744146-0-33508700-1401736216_thumb.jpg

Edited by LittleBuddy.us (see edit history)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Again none of you guys are paying attention to my first post.

Basically the text in the website that is not getting a specific style is located at: themes/default/css/global.css between lines: 54-56 assuming you are using prestashop 1.5.2

line 54:font:normal 11px/14px Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; <---- The size & style of the font

line 55:color:#222; <---- The color of the font

line 56:background:#fff <----- The background of the font

All your styles inside product pages located at: themes/default/css/product.css (in general)

Now lets take 1sweetman url for example: http://www.sexythings4u.eu/

at home page in order for him to change the text for the featured product he will need to edit homefeatued.css in the module folder, because if you will change the main body font style from global.css you will effect the entire screen (left column, right column text).

that's why I said its important to know which part exactly you want to change.

lets stay with the same url of 1sweetman, if he want to change font style for products description, the product list page & the individual product page are different files to edit also.

If someone need help with that, please be more specific about your request.

Hi,

I want to edit the featured product menu. For this I searched for homefeatued.css file but there is no code to edit.

Any suggestion for that. I am using ps 1.6.0.11