How to keep original names of images when uploading them into PrestaShop?

When uploaded to PrestaShop, the names of images are automatically changed, for example, image named 'mountain bike' when uploaded into PrestaShop is renamed to '100-medium_default'.

If PrestaShop renames images automatically so they lose their keywords, I can not expect any traffic from Search Engines when people search images for those products.

I will not have any visitors from Google Images search who look for pictures of mountain bikes and other products when PrestaShop automatically renames the images to '100-medium_default' and similar.

Edited by EUnet (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

1. OK, so it is not possible for PrestaShop not to alter the original names of pictures.

I hope PrestaShop developers will sort out this issue with some of the next versions of PrestaShop. PrestaShop is used for selling products and many clients search for pictures of products in Google. Website owners who do not use PrestaShop are therefore in forehand because they can keep the original desired names of their pictures.

2. How can I use the alt tag for produt images? When adding new products, in the Images menu there is only icon to make the image be a cover image and to delete it, should it be done elsewhere (I'm using the latest PrestaShop 1.5.2)?