Modify Other Products in the same category Module

So you know the standard module block that appears on the product page which suggests: Other products under the same category?

Ok so it's a good selling point but I am having the following issue. As I am using a random attribute on the "HOME" category to show them at the main page, this creates a conflict by always displaying the same products under that module.

How to trigger the module to display only products under the same category? For example if the customer is looking at hat, it will suggest all hats.

I could uncheck the home category for all products and then this would work fine but they won't display randomly on the main page.

Site live at tivicr.com

Thanks in advance!

AJ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

On version 1.6.1.0 the module products category seems to behave as it should. You have to make sure that the products have the same default category. If a product has the default category Hats, in the section "Other products in the same category" it will display the other products that have the default category Hats, ignoring the other associations with other categories.