Question on Prestashop Database

Hello.

I've been trying to find out if prestashop supports custom databases. I've got an existing product database, which runs my old site, but I've wanted to upgrade to a newer and not self-written system.

I can't seem to find any information on how to use my existing (MSSQL) database with prestashop.

As far as I can see, prestashop uses a pre-defined database. Granted I havent installed it as I can't get it up and running on my IIS without disabling my other site (long story, not prestashops fault).

So, can anyone provide an answer as to if I can use my existing database, if I port it to myssql, but using the same scheme and relationships between items, as datasource for prestashop?

Regards

Tommy

Because my old database contains 5 million rows, and a little over 100 tables. My shop is a minor version of imdb almost. For each product I have a lot of additional information, and information for each disc in a case etc.

Editing it in excel is not a viable solution.

I am willing to design a script that will convert from mssql to mysql if I absolutely must, but I would prefer to use my existing MSSQL 2005 database, as it is already running, and the license fees are paid, plus we know how it works etc.

Your best bet is to write a script that will convert the database to the format prestashop uses. Then if you ever need updates or anything of that nature, it will work without custom programming.

Edit:

To be completely honest, depending on the format you have, you might not even have have to write a script, you could do it all by hand. Just export your database, and rename the tables to what prestashop uses. Then import it. Then run queries against the database to make up the extra data you might need. It all really depends on the complexity of your database.

Edited by DesignHaus42 (see edit history)