[SOLVED] Renaming "Manufacturer" box

I've done a search and can only find suggestions about modifying the language files. Unfortunately I cannot set the capability of the php handler on the server to allow more than 1000 entries on a form, so I am looking at manually editing the files.

I want to retitle the box "Manufacturer" to read "Artist" instead - which files do I need to edit as I have tried in various places and it makes no difference to what displays?

I really appreciate the help :)

(my site, only just setting up, is www.painefreecrafts.com)

Go into the modules/blockmanufacturer folder and you'll want to open and edit the blockmanufacturer.tpl file, line 29.

<h4>{if $display_link_manufacturer}<a href="{$link->getPageLink('manufacturer')}" title="{l s='Manufacturers' mod='blockmanufacturer'}">{/if}{l s='Manufacturers' mod='blockmanufacturer'}{if $display_link_manufacturer}</a>{/if}</h4>

In both spots after l s= is where you want to change Manufacturer to Artist.

Baxically:

<h4>{if $display_link_manufacturer}<a href="{$link->getPageLink('manufacturer')}" title="{l s='Artist' mod='blockmanufacturer'}">{/if}{l s='Artist' mod='blockmanufacturer'}{if $display_link_manufacturer}</a>{/if}</h4>

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's still working fine for me in Prestashop 1.5

HOWEVER if I choose to filter products by manufacturer, (or rather my "Artists/Designers" drop down) it shows

"List Products by Manufacturer (name)". I have searched and searched the files, and can't find out how to make it simply say "List products by (name)" and miss out the word Manufacturer.

Can anyone help?

Oh yes, and "Best Manufacturers" report just comes up with a blank page. :/

Edited by Ariadne (see edit history)