Problem with checkout v 1.5.2

Hi, I wanted to report a possible problem with the 1.5.2 version of prestashop.

During checkout, when you go from basket to checkout, after logging in, the system does not continue going forward, but back to the cart or on my account.

In particular, if the registration page does not activate the form to the address, the system reports going back to the cart page. Instead, if the registration page is enabled the form to the address, the check process reverts back to the 'my account' page.

In addition, the login page / registration, there is no progress bar shown with the step "LOGIN".

I think it's a bug because I tested with version 1.4.9 and do not have this problem, checkout continues regularly.

Be aware that the problem occurs on a new installation with product demos, so no customization or modules installed afterwards.

No solution?

Thank you.

• Like 1

Hello unders, if you familiar with error reporting, you can turn it on and it will give us more information needed to solve the problem. What is the URL to your website?

You can go into your /config/config.inc.php and change the line that says "Display Errors" to "On" around line 29

Make sure you create a backup before you do any changes.

cant see errors. I clear cache and cookies, try with mozilla and explorer. Later or tomorrow i try on other computer and try installation on remote hosting.

Repeat, the version 1.4.9 not have problem!

You on your prestashop 1.5.2 , in the login/registration page, have bar with step of order?

Hi, you can test on this link:

http://www.iscpoint.com/prestashop

You make a test order. In the checkout, after registration, the system non redirect on 3° step, but redirect in the 'my account' page.

You can see in the login/registration page, not here the bar with step of order.

This is not my problem, problem of platform. Why you or other person not see this ?

Tank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, about lines 578 of the file yourprestashop/config/controllers/front/AuthController.php

change:

Tools::redirect('index.php?controller=my-account');

with:

Tools::redirect('index.php?controller=order&step=1');

Other bug, not here the bar with order steps in the login/registration page. I working for this.

Other bug, in the istant checkout, here this problem:

- after write the personal info, the system redirect in the cart page, not go in the 3° step;

- cant go in the 3° step, the system go only in 4° step. In this way cant update the address of shipping/billing.

I working for resolve this problem, when finish i write all in this topic.

Hi Unders, I tried changing that line in the authcontroller.php Problem is that now, when someone goes directly to create an account (not during checkout process) it redirects them to the cart as well.

So I think we are looking for a solution that:

- If user is in checkout process, redirect to cart

- If user is in my-account process, continue to my account

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same Problems.

5 Step Checkout Process Redirects to step one after Login

1. shopping-cart

2. authentication

3. back to shopping cart

4. address

5. shipping

6. payment

Second Problem order-steps.tpl can be included on authentication

{assign var='current_step' value='login'}

{include file="$tpl_dir./order-steps.tpl"}

Edited by exemplari (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello everyone.

I'm working on my website for a few weeks now and it's almost done but i have this exact same problem.

My version is 1.5.6.2 so it seems this has not been solved yet.

I thought it was because i've been changing quite some files incl. the AuthController and authentication.tpl

But even after a fresh installation and changing back the authentication.tpl to it's original state, i'm having the same problem.

Some more info:

It's the same for the default theme as well as for my modified theme.

I have an exact copy of this Prestashop version on my local XAMPP Installation and there.....it's working properly! So the local version works as it should but the online version is having this strange problem...

I hope that with this extra info maybe someone can think of a solution? or at least identify the problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...