Paypal doesn't work

Hello

I tried passing an order on my own site using Paypal. The order cannot complete, reporting a payment error. I noticed that after completing the paypal login, the site reported an order of 0 euros. I think normally Paypal sends some code back to the site after the transaction but this doesn't seem to be happening. What should I do?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I got this error code

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2012-11-02T18:03:01Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10413

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Paypal says that I need to be using Instant Payment Notification and to do this I need to

"Insert your script URL (find script generator link above) - (if you are using "notify_url" variable, this will override profile settings)"

What is this?

There may be one or more related problems here.

One is that when an order transaction is completed and the customer pays with Paypal, the order returns payment error status.

Two, although I don't know if its related to the same order, I get the error 10413 above.

Now, having logged an issue with Paypal, they respond saying that I may need to use IPN (Instant Payment Notification), which implies providing a script URL related to notify_url, neither of which I understand.

Other posts here suggest that I need to use auto return. These two subjects seem related. It seems all about what is the URL which the process comes back to after payment on paypal, but I don't know what URL to provide: the cart URL, an end of transaction url or a custom-something url. Who has done this before? I can't be the first. Thanks

Sorry but are you sure? How do you know this, is it documented? What does Paypal say and anyway how do I roll back to another version, the paypal module came with v1.4.9. Is auto return and IPN a condition for paypal to work correctly and report a properly terminated order. How can the official paypal software be broken?

Thanks for any answers, sorry for the doubt but its all effort and time is costly.

Read through the paypal forum, all of the recent paypal modules have been very error prone. The reason the module is broken is because prestashop develops it, not paypal. The most recent should be fixed, but when you install the backward compatibility module it is going to break the ajax in the version of the shop that you are using. The older 2.8 version is stable, there are no problems with it, so I would recommend using it. And by paypal forum, prestashop has a forum dedicated to paypal under partner modules.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest locen

Hi, i received email from paypal where they tell to me that by 30 september 2016 they will update IPN. how can I know if I use IPN?

Thanks