[SOLVED] Stock by Country

Hi there,

I've installed Prestashop and am moving away from a shopify store that I've had for the past 6 months. My decision to move was based on cost and flexibility and from what I can see Prestashop is a far superior product.

Currently I have a dilema, my store sells products in Poland and I keep stock in Poland. I'm about to offer the same service in the UK and will keep seperate stock in the UK. I wanted to managed this in Prestashop, but am struggling a little.

I tried using the advanced stock feature and creating a polish and UK warehouse. I then created 2 couriers and limited them to each country (by using new zones.) However this doesn't work and I know why:

The language selection does not limit you to a country

Does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks,

K

for each country create a separate shop using 1.5 (multishoip) ...

i.e. co.uk

co.pl etc.

learn more HERE

...is not really possible in a single shop because your other countries will not have the correct default country/currency/pricing/language etc etc etc..for non-logged in visitors, well just for starters...then you will have nothing but problems once you discorver single shop with only certain products by country...doesn't work...let alone menu's....

Thank you!

That makes sense and have now gone down the multishop route. The issue I know have is when I change country it does not change shop. I'm pretty sure that I can change this behavior by rewriting the switchLanguage() function to redirect, but I wondered if there's a more elegant and simple solution?

Thanks,

K

When you say change country it does not change shop...how are you changing country in registration?

IMHO, you should stay away from language tied to country other than as a default language.

I would use country flags that would hot link to the correct country shop...so say the Polish Flag (looks like language flag) when clicked would put them in your Polish shop.

• Like 1

Sure,

I'm new to Prestashop, but had a look at the code and ended up editting the blocklanguages module and also config\configinc.php

I changed the logic in the Bloacklanguages to be a case statement and to choose one of my shop urls based on the language selected.

Thanks,

Keith