MultiShop combining Databases question

Hi,

I get the basic principle of Multishop function allowing you to run several 'virtual' shops offering distinct products to distinct customers but........

I run 3 Shops at moment

1=Clothing

2=Outdoor equipment

3=Computer peripherals.....

Being a sole operator this requires 3 feeds, 3 paypal accounts, 3 bank account details for paypal etc......

Is it possible to use the Multishop function to combine them into 1 shop using 1 BO, 1 Googlemerchantfeed, 1 paypal account etc?

And if so how do you merge the databases?

Or am I being an idiot?

Best wishes

first you are not being an idiot. you just treading new ground..

if it was me, I'd make a copy of one of your shops and call it testsomething.com...get it running

back up testsomething.com

now upgrade that shop to 1.5.2 (do not upgrade to earlier 1.5 version)...

when that works..i.e. you have a good 1.5.2+ shop you can then create your additional shops on your new 1.5 then import your other two shops products./customers..obviously there is more to it than that but you will first need a good running 1.5 shop.

Right have created a test shop with 2 multishops in it....does anyone know how to merge 3 distinct db's?....I can't just delete the CREATE function from one as still have duplicate records for customer 1, order 1, product 1 etc....with over 15,000 products really can't see any easy way to do this.

Any ideas anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Right have created a test shop with 2 multishops in it....does anyone know how to merge 3 distinct db's?....I can't just delete the CREATE function from one as still have duplicate records for customer 1, order 1, product 1 etc....with over 15,000 products really can't see any easy way to do this.

Any ideas anyone?

Hi

Did you sort this out?

Nope....have tried many many ways of doing this.....from a variety of SQL commands (INSERT, INSERT IGNORE, REPLACE, MERGE, etc). Tried converting them to .csv files and combining them.....using navicat101_mysql_en.........usually end up with corrupted db.......losing images or wrong images appearing next to description......

Still waiting for a sensible (& easy) suggestion from someone who knows more than me......

On bright side am getting better at MYSQL commands....