Visitors drop - Sitemap issue?

Alcately

Hello all,

Since my upgrade to 1.5, I have a significant visitor drop and sales drop.

I am trying to figure out all possible options that might have caused this issue.

I already reviewed the speed aspect and was able to solve this.

Running thru google analytics shows me that I have much less visitors arriving to my site via google.

I therefor connect this maybe with my sitemap as I got nowhere a message that the site would have received a penalty or a block.

Looking at the <loc> tag in the sitemap, the location of my products is always shown as:

http://www.store.com/shop/en/index.php?id_product=10&controller=product&id_lang=1

The url to the images is however nicely:

http://www.store.com/shop/68/this-is-a-product.jpg

Might this be a reason for scoring less in google and if so, how can i make the <loc> tag look nicer?

The re-write rules are on, the friendly url should be active, the .htaccess file is updated...

I would love to hear your advice.

The problem is that this forum is full of request like this. If you search on google you can find a lot of discussion and also posting into the bug tracker couldn't help. So, i know that there are a lot of minor bugs, but, for example in 1.5.1.0, there are a lot of big issues (empty cart, Gsitemap doesn't work well, cart without total amout in back-end, product quantity error when try to check out etc) that could have the max priority, but we don't know (or i don't know) if the team is working on them.

I hope 1.5.2 will fix these issues, but at the moment i'm a bit disappointed.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...