upgrade 1.2.5 to 1.5.1 best way?

generally I would suggest upgrading to version 1.4, which I have done many times from v1.2.5 successfully.

You'll need to consider the following things

1) Make sure you take a full backup of the database and webcontent before you start

2) Use those backups to install a copy of your site. And perform the upgrade to the test copy first. Make sure the test site functions properly before you upgrade.

3) You will need a theme. The theme you are using will not work in v1.4, and most people would not upgrade the theme unless you have the original PSD/design file. But then you will pay for that effort to re-create the theme.2

4) Do you have any customizations to the core prestashop functionality, that would need to be applied to the new version

5) Are you using any custom modules that need to be upgraded. Have you downloaded their updates

As far as v1.5.1, it is very immature, and you will likely find issues. Unless you have a dire business need to upgrade to v1.5, I would avoid it until it is more stable and mature.

Lastly, if you are looking for a professional to perform the upgrade for you, send me a PM and we can discuss those details.