Debugging - config.inc.php

Hi, OK, the first few lines in my config.ini.php file look like this...

* International Registered Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA

*/

/* Debug only */

@ini_set('display_errors', 'E_ALL');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);

$start_time = microtime(true);

/* Compatibility warning */

define('_PS_DISPLAY_COMPATIBILITY_WARNING_', false);

Nothing appears to have changed. The problems I can see remain that users cannot check out an order and as admin I can't access "Modules" from the Modules drop down menu.

I am guessing that one or more third party modules that I have installed are incompatible with 1.5.1 and that the PayPal module specifically has trouble with 1.5.1 but without access to modules I don't know how to turn modules off one by one or how to upgrade the PayPal module.

Any help deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, ahhh! may have something here. Using the on/true first debug method in config and trying to access modules in admin using Chrome I get this error...

Fatal error: Cannot make non static method ModuleCore::display() static in class PayPal in /home/maravelo/public_html/modules/paypal/paypal.php on line 1364

I'm guessing that the PayPal module may be causing all of the problems. How can I upgrade that module please?

Edited by maraveloJewellery (see edit history)

Hi, thanks for your help. I've gone around in many circles but now I have made some progress by installing 1.5.1 again but this time using 1 click upgrade in prestashop modules. Previously I have always used Softaculous via my hosting cPanel without issues but this time it appears to have caused problems. Oh and I did remove the Paypal module first and re-installed the latest version.

The solution isn't perfect. I think I have a lot of work to do yet to get everything functioning properly but at least the sites are live again and I have full access to admin. In particular product categories and features appear to be in a mess but that's a seperate issue.

Thank you for helping me.

Edited by maraveloJewellery (see edit history)