[SOLVED] Prestashop 1.5.1 admin not accessible after reinstall

[sOLVED] Prestashop 1.5.1 admin not accessible after reinstall (worked perfectly on first install)

Hi guys, great to see so many people willing to help (newbee) Prestashop users here.

I’m currently looking for some assistance from you Prestashop gods here.

Been browsing for a and Google for a solution to give me access again to the Prestashop admin.

And I think I have done all things possible to solve it. But until now no luck.

The situation:

• Installed the latest version of prestashop
    (I’m completely new to this, and no hard-core developer, but I have some technical knowledge).
  • The first installation was as smooth as possible, with the default shop and backoffice working smoothly in no time. (impressed with the easy install!)
  • Tweaking some of the features, and went on to the next step, installing a shop theme to use for our shop.
  • This didn’t really went fully successful, so I decided to do it again, with some more hints found via Google. Uninstalled all files on FTP, cleaned the database and did a new install.

Went through the last steps, and here I cannot get any access to the (renamed) admin. Checked the settings, the privileges (755) of the folders, looked the server log files, checked if safemode is on or off, edited the cookie.php file, cleared (server) cache, tested in all latest versions of internet browsers… Well basically I threw every solution I could find out there to solve this. But no luck. :-/

Somehow, this part of the internal 500 server error [ AdminLogin&token=b6998c9c8faed038f40726647087b271&redirect=AdminHome ] prevents me from the forward to the admin.

During my quest to solve this, I noticed many people experience this error.

But there is no clear solution yet.

Any tip is very appreciated! Hope someone can help with this one.

Cheers!

Edited by Rogier_is_hier (see edit history)

• 2 months later...