Move shopping cart from header to right column?

Hi,

I have a littel problem, I want to move the shopping cart from the header to the right column.

I have figured out how to transplant the cart to the right column and it show up fine. The problem is that I can't get rid of the cart in the header. I have tried to remove it in "postitions" from the "displayHeader" section but it's still there.

How can I remove it?

Thanks in advance :)

Was it actually removed from the hook in the positions tab, or do you still see it there?

The cart block was completely removed from the "displayHeader" / Header of pages section. I checked and it was gone. But the cart is still in the header... :unsure:

You need to remove it from the "Top" hook, not header.

You should add it back to header, or it may not function properly (header hook is for including JS + CSS)

I just removed it from the "top" instead, and added it back in the header. It didn't work. Then I removed it from the header again. Didn't help either. The cart block is nowhere to be found now in positions, yet it is still displayed in the header.. Don't quite understand... :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem.

Updated to PS 1.5.3 and can't get the block cart in the right column anymore.

I'm ok with the cart being in the top/header part of the page. But as a test I tried to remove it. Removed the hook to the Top of Pages and the cart is still being displayed at the top.

But more importantly, I still can't get the cart on th right column of my page.

And yes, I transplanted the hook in my backoffice to the right column.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I must resurrect this post, and the everlasting issue of moving a cartblock. It should be a no brainer, and I have tried all prossible solutions (in backoffice or in the code)... and even if I succeeed moving the cart anywhere else, the original block always stays visible on top.

In my case is not a blockuserinfo issue, because I removed that, so it's just a cartblock issue. Please give a definitive solution for everyone.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...