Social Currency

MarinaDoc

Good night:

I wonder if it is possible to include a currency that is not classified as "normal". That is a "social currency" with which people can make exchanges without real money.

In this post http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/181223-module-for-a-swap-shop-items/page__p__941347?do=findComment&comment=941347 I asked about how to get an online store with PrestaShop barter, but I didn'thave much success.

So I believe that if I could include a social currency that it could carry out. I've been watching the demo but it seems that only accept traditional coins. Does anyone know if it could be done?. :(

Thank you for your attention, :rolleyes:

Regards, Marina

Yes, I've tried but to be an unrecognized currency will not let me register it as such. It seems that only accepts legal currencies, and I'm looking to create an online store but that is based on social exchange where it is not necessary to use legally recognized coins.

Yes, I've tried but to be an unrecognized currency will not let me register it as such. It seems that only accepts legal currencies, and I'm looking to create an online store but that is based on social exchange where it is not necessary to use legally recognized coins.

I was able to add a 'made up' currency in 1.4.6.2. What version are you running I will test it on that platform.

• Like 1

Hello MarinaDoc, thank you for this information. In version 1.5 you can edit your currency to have a different symbol, in effect creating a different currency all together. For example instead of $15.00 it can say !15.00. This could be the symbol of your new currency.

But ... how do I put the ISO if there is a currency that is within that rating?. It's there where the problem comes.

I imagine that there would be no problem ... The idea was to create an online store that moved by "social currency" other than legal tcurrency, but which give trade in goods and services without money and without its legal tender, that is, a kind of barter .

The truth is that I'm still a little green with PrestaShop and do not know if my idea can be carried out. The idea was that each customer of the store manager obtains x credits for actions taken by a service of a Time Bank. For example, if it is targeted at a Time Bank and that person makes a 1-hour assistance to another person in addition to curry favor with another person, receives x credit (discount coupons) social currency to enter the store and purchase items from that value. Maybe it sounds confusing!

• Like 1