Migrating from Zen to Prestashop, will it affect search enginge ranking?

scraper

Hi! I'm migrating from Zen Cart to Prestashop. My Google ranking is currently very good and i fear the migration will negatively affect the ranking.

Is there a secret tip on maintaining the ranking or should I simply migrate and wait for the new addresses to climb? My current setup doesn't use "SEO friendly" urls, but my prestashop shop does.

When it comes to the actual migration, im buying a module to do the work

Hello scraper, if you do move the shop it will not create a large negative impact at all. In the long run, PrestaShop's SEO features will actually help your SEO rankings and the benefits will far outweigh the slight dip in rankings that is inevitable when you switch software. Friendly URL, URL Re-write, Layered Navigation, and make sure you set up all your Meta Fields for every product and PHP field. You will be more than fine, and therein lies the magic! Thank you for choosing PrestaShop!

Hello scraper, if you do move the shop it will not create a large negative impact at all. In the long run, PrestaShop's SEO features will actually help your SEO rankings and the benefits will far outweigh the slight dip in rankings that is inevitable when you switch software. Friendly URL, URL Re-write, Layered Navigation, and make sure you set up all your Meta Fields for every product and PHP field. You will be more than fine, and therein lies the magic! Thank you for choosing PrestaShop!

Thanks for the reply!

If i may ask another question, when I've finished building my Prestashop store and am ready to make the switch, which procedure would be the most logical? Create a 301 in /zencart/ to /prestashop/? When the customers then try to access a "zen cart product link" in Bing or Google they'll be forwarded to my custom 404/sitemap in Prestashop, right?