(Solved) PayPal not working after upgrade to V 1.5

Hi

After what I thought was a good upgrade I found that customers are receiving this message when trying to use PayPal - We’re sorry, PayPal doesn’t allow residents of United Kingdom to send purchases to Jersey.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the original 1.4.9 version and I have also downloaded and installed the latest version.

I notice a lot of posts on PayPal with version 1.5, has anyone got it working or suggest what I could try next.

All other items work well and I am reluctant to roll back as the other features out way the loss of PayPal.

Thanks in advance

Edited by JerseyG (see edit history)

Hi

I have seen a lot of bug reports on PayPal but unsure if this is the same problem, however I have taken my error report, which I should have done before, and am now posting it to see if it helps find a solution.

[28-Sep-2012 13:49:17] PHP Warning: touch(): Utime failed: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\********\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php on line 182

[28-Sep-2012 13:49:53] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: result in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\********\modules\paypal\api\paypal_connect.php on line 113

Thanks

G

Hi Benjamin

Thanks for coming back on this. I am running version 3.2.1 , I downloaded and installed that on Tuesday. As I said in my original email I have tried the older version as issued in version 1.4.9 and the latest download of PayPal v 3.2.1

As neither now work i was wondering if it was not the PayPal module but something in PS V 1.5 that has caused the issue.

Thanks again

G

Hi Benjamin

I will bring you up to date with the scenario.

I have been running Prestashop v 1.4.9 and after testing my upgrades went with a manual upgrade on my server running windows server 2008.

All items and features went well, small bit of tinkering on the footer, uninstalled paypal and reinstalled due to error message. The module text looked wrong so I downloaded PayPal v 3.2.1 and installed that without errors.

Now my situation is that I am live with PS V 1.5 and PayPal V 3.2.1

Every feature in my shop looks to be working well ( Great job with V 1.5 by the way) then I found abandoned carts, then to find the PayPal error.

I am looking to open Money Booker account (Hope that works) to take the place of PayPal in the short term.

Hope that explains the state of my system.

Thanks

G

Hi Benjamin

Module downloaded and installed. Tried another payment, same issue as my first article - We’re sorry, PayPal doesn’t allow residents of United Kingdom to send purchases to Jersey.

Error in log:-

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: result in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\********\modules\paypal\api\paypal_connect.php on line 113

Hi Benjamin

This should be a Jersey to Jersey transaction so not sure why the United Kingdom is mentioned.

I have no "friendly" people outside of the Island who I can ask to test for me.

I run an account only shop so my headache is very small, but some people like to use PayPal.

I will try and find someone to test from overseas if possible.

Hi Benjamin

Well you have raised a smile here.

I have contacted PayPal twice and logged a call on their merchants help desk, you will be surprised to hear that it is not there problem.

As they say, this is were I started.

Why would this only start to happen after the upgrade?

G

Hi Benjamin

Due to the problems that are now starting to show after instigating stock control, see my other post, I have reverted my shop back to a backup of two weeks ago. V 1.4.9

I don't think that V 1.5 works as an upgrade, I might just try a new install with no old data.

Thanks for your assistance

G

Hi, has there been any progress on this issue?....

I had a fully working version of Prestashop v1.4.8.

I have since upgraded using 1-click autoupgrade to version 1.5.

I have installed the latest version of PayPal module (less than 1 hour ago)

Everything works fine until I get to checkout.

This is the response message I get.....

Error occurred:

Please refer to logs:

1. PayPal response:
  2. ->

absolutely no clues as to why not working except for

Notice: Undefined variable: tmp in /var/www/html/****/modules/paypal/api/paypal_connect.php on line 118

What am I doing wrong?

Any advise gratefully accepted.

S

Hello all, we have been working hard on updating our modules and fixing bugs for the new version of PrestaShop. There are many bug fixes from the 1.5.0.1.7 version and the 1.5.1 version. I strongly suggest that this is version is used and tested. We can then move forward from error reporting and bug reporting in the forge bug tracker here .

Hello all, we have been working hard on updating our modules and fixing bugs for the new version of PrestaShop. There are many bug fixes from the 1.5.0.1.7 version and the 1.5.1 version. I strongly suggest that this is version is used and tested. We can then move forward from error reporting and bug reporting in the forge bug tracker here .

Hi Benjamin,

would you please kindly share timeline estimation for bug fixing?

Hi ssekazinga,

I had same problem yesterday....traced it back to a currency issue which was set at default....changed it to EN (my default setting - go figure) and now it works.

Not yet tried google checkout

Good luck

Hi Sweetman,

How do i change the default curreny above to EN?

Hi Sweetman,

Thanks for the help, though i had to revert back to 1.4 version seems V1.5 has alot of issues when upgrading its perfect if its a fresh install. Hope prestashop finds a solution for the 1.4.x to 1.5.x upgrades otherwise we shall be left behind.

cheers

Hi Benjamin

I may have traced my problem but I will need to do some more testing to prove it.

Another symptom I had was if you went to change an address you could only select Italy.

I have been to Shipping> countries> and said no to Restrict countries.

This has cleared my change address problem so I hope on my next trial upgrade the paypal module will work correctly assuming it also thought I was in Italy.

Thanks

G

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have seen a lot of bug reports on PayPal but unsure if this is the same problem, however I have taken my error report, which I should have done before, and am now posting it to see if it helps find a solution.

[28-Sep-2012 13:49:17] PHP Warning: touch(): Utime failed: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\********\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php on line 182

[28-Sep-2012 13:49:53] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: result in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\********\modules\paypal\api\paypal_connect.php on line 113

Thanks

G

Hi

Did you find a workaround or a solution ? i am facing the same problem ?

HI all Iam facing the same problem with paypal module (last version ) and prestasho 1.5.1

Notice: Undefined variable: tmp in C:\wamp\www\acjeans\modules\paypal\api\paypal_connect.php on line 118

FromThe admin interface of prestashop i could test that the connection is welle done with paypal , when using the save button of the configuration, it tells me that my configuration is good

Please Help !!!

Edited by jkhelil (see edit history)

Hi

I thought I would return to V1.5.2 but I am still receiving this error "We’re sorry, PayPal doesn't allow residents of United Kingdom to send purchases to Jersey".

I have now stopped using PayPal now as I needed to stick with either the upgrade or PayPal. And I am just hoping for a resolution soon.

G

Hi Benjamin

I may have found my problem but have no idea how to fix it. I believe you have tagged Jersey to the United States and not the United Kingdom.

Can you give me some way of trying a fix?

Thanks in advance

G

I have advanced somewhat..

I have changed the localisation from JE in 1.4.9 to JEY in 1.5.2

I no longer get "We’re sorry, PayPal doesn't allow residents of United Kingdom to send purchases to Jersey".

This has now moved me on to another problem "Page not found" but I have overcome the main problem, the next one could be mine due to the changes i have made on the PayPal site

G

Edited by JerseyG (see edit history)

Hi

I can confirm that changing the countries ISO to the 3 series has cleared that part of my PayPal problem, however I am now receiving this:-

Any ideas?

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

For some browsers, this problem can be resolved by clearing or deleting cookies.

Message 3005

Hi Steve

Using it live, I have just reset the paypal module but it looks to clash with the COD module so I have to then reset the COD module.

I will wait and test again but at least I have fixed my first problem, I am now changing all my ISO codes to the 3 letter code.

What is the other module?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Solved for me (1.5.2.0, Paypal 3.4, error code 3005):

I had a few inactive country codes CA (Canada). 1.5 does not accept duplicates. Therefore I had renamed the active one to CAN. Paypal must have not liked.

Went in database to remove unused IDs in ps_country, and renamed country code canada "CA". Now works !

Hope that helps

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, my prestashop version is 1.5.0.17.

Paypal module version: 3.3

This is what comes out after i select the payapl mode for payment

Error occurred:

Please refer to logs:

• PayPal response:
  • ->
« Back

Hi guys,

SOLVED!

Because there are so many posts, not sure if people got to solve this issue. I though I will share my solution.

I just now solved  the same issue by disabling PayPal module 3.2.5 and installing PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.8

Now when said that I have Prestashop 1.6.x

I couldn't have figured that out until customers start complaining about the issue and there starts the thrill ride to discover the issue. 

I have seen some people talking about free versions of PayPal Europe and some changing the code behind. 

Changing the code doesn't sound like a good idea to me so I am glad I didn't have to do it.

For me this one worked.

I would recommend taking a database and Paypal module folder backup and then installing the new module which is available in Payment modules.

Also disable the the old module (i.e. 3.2.5) which leaves an extra express checkout button lingering around to confuse your customers.

However for me duplicate PayPal button was still visible on last page of 5 page checkout. even after deleting the module.

I solved it using Jquery as follows:

===================================

$( document ).ready(function() {
 if ($('#paypal-express-checkout').length > 0){
  if ($('.payment_module').length > 0){
    $('.payment_module').hide();
  }
 }
});

===================================

Copy the code above in notepad and save it as  [payment-module-hide.js] or a better name if you can.

Then upload this file into [/themes/default-bootstrap/js/autoload] folder.

default-bootstrap being my theme for front end. Yours could be default if you haven't changed it.

What this code does is, it looks for new PayPal USA module (paypal-express-checkout) and hides old module's code.

Bear in mind the element with class (payment_module) appears twice; once in each module code. But is empty in new module.

Hope that helps some one!