there is installation problem on localhost at step 2

Prestashop 1.5.0.17

old versions doesnt have like this problem

is it a bug?

An error occurred:

Warning: PDO::__construct() [pdo.--construct]: [2002]

(trying to connect via tcp://localhost:3306) in

\root\site\classes\db\DbPDO.php on line 47

{"success":false,"message":"Database Server is not found. Please verify the login, password and server fields (DbPDO)"}

post-11571-0-69707100-1348053822_thumb.jpg

Hi

there is an error when I install the rev. 1.5.0.17

the error is the following:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_jssjaluqd9hho1fu9ejmg75nd4, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /prestashop/install/classes/session.php on line 45

PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /prestashop/install/classes/session.php:45) in /prestashop/install/classes/session.php on line 45

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /prestashop/install/classes/session.php:45) in /prestashop/install/classes/session.php on line 45

PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /prestashop/install/classes/session.php:45) in /prestashop/install/classes/session.php on line 45

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /prestashop/install/classes/session.php:45) in /prestashop/install/classes/session.php on line 45

Hi,

I've been working with Presta for almost 2 years. I'm proficient installing all kinds of software platforms (wordpress, joomla, etc).

I just downloaded the new version to check the improvements and although my server address, database names & logins are ok, presta says "Database Server is not found. Please verify the login, password and server fields (DbPDO)"

As a web designer and developer, I know how hard it is to put a flawless platform together. But this is just too much guys. You are doing it wrong. I just lost one hour of my time for nothing and I think I'm switching my company's shops to other platforms.

Prestashop just gave my team too much headache with simple features that are not so complex (prestashop crashing when importing 500+ attributes and combinations).

This absurd installation issue (right configuration, but Presta won't accept it) is the best example to illustrate how something that should be easy is turned into a problem for no reason. I mean... this should be rule number 1 -> people should be able to install Presta with no issues. Wordpress installation is brilliant. No complexities, 2 minutes and you are rolling.

My rant is over, best of luck with your platform and bear in mind that these little details just wind people up.

Edited by elente (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Step 2 require that ALL of the folders and subfolders in the "~/modules/" were 777 permissions, it must be so?

hi

on the step 2 say that some hosts require the 777 permission, but you have to change after the installation into 775 or 755 or 644 more secure.

With the old version of ps I used 777 for modules (folder and subfolders and files)

• 2 weeks later...

Elente I agree with you, again with 1.5.1 keeps the same error, and please Benjamin, see your reply to Adexa, dont you think apart of "change the CAPS lock on your topic title", something is missed, your reply to solve the problem, or a link, or something!.

One more giving up this headached, really good ideas just taken to problems with no answers.

• 2 weeks later...

I received the following eror from my browser. Godaddy is my hosting. Please advise!

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/56/9985856/tmp/sess_equhfu196gdrf80to5jeq8eqt5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/56/9985856/html/install/classes/session.php on line 45

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/56/9985856/html/install/classes/session.php:45) in /home/content/56/9985856/html/install/classes/session.php on line 45

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/56/9985856/html/install/classes/session.php:45) in /home/content/56/9985856/html/install/classes/session.php on line 45

• 4 weeks later...

I received the following eror from my browser. Godaddy is my hosting. Please advise!

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/56/9985856/tmp/sess_equhfu196gdrf80to5jeq8eqt5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/56/9985856/html/install/classes/session.php on line 45

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/56/9985856/html/install/classes/session.php:45) in /home/content/56/9985856/html/install/classes/session.php on line 45

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/56/9985856/html/install/classes/session.php:45) in /home/content/56/9985856/html/install/classes/session.php on line 45

Okay, it took me a minute to figure this out, but the temp folder in the first error doesn't exist, so it can't create a session which results in the last two errors (you can probably get to page two of setup, and then it goes back to page one, right?). My host was an easy fix, because I just had to create a cgi-bin/tmp folder and all was gravy, but yours looks a bit more involved (maybe not, I've never used godadddy). Open a support ticket, tell them to create the folder (send a shot if needed) and all should be fine just create a tmp folder along side the html folder in you root dir. If you can't do it from FTP use SSH with kitty or putty, or make a godaddy CS do it. Also, download a fresh copy of PS and compare the install/classes/session.php (I recommend notepad++) to make sure they match. Hopefully this works for anybody else having this problem too.

• 3 months later...
-_- thank you for your post, isn´t it the way we are treated here?. I was subscribed to this thread, really bad practices even if there are lot of users upgrading or installing this ok.. Good luck, I am going to try to delete my account here, getting alergic. :angry: