Best upgrade path from 1.2.5.0

Is there a particular upgrade path from a really old version? Going straight to 1.4.9.0 works in a way, but apparently not really since some data goes missing, and going to a working 1.5 from there is impossible.

Should I manually go to 1.3.0 then 1.4.0 first? Or would that just waste a lot of time?

Where is everyone?

I don't know exactly what goes missing. All I know is that going to 1.5.0 results in a site that doesn't work. Then rolling back leads to 500 errors and database errors. I have a thread about it, but nobody seems to be around anymore.

As far as I can tell, prestashop hasn't been abandoned by the developers. But it looks like the community has moved on.. I have been using it for 3-4 years now, and from what I can see, nobody is around to help or develop modules anymore. It's a shame, the software is really quite good :(

Edited by lowlight (see edit history)

there are plenty of people around, however 1.5 is extremely new and immature, I would not advise making the jump from v1.2.5 to v1.5. Let it mature more.

Going from v1.2.5 to v1.4.9 should not result in data loss, I have performed that upgrade numerous times, so I will assume your previous statement was related to an attempt to upgrade to v1.5

Rolling back should be as easy as restoring a complete backup of your database and web content. I am hoping/assuming you have a clean backup?