Form for boxes

atomozero

Hi there, has anyone knowledge of a form (not necessarily free) that allows the proper choice of a box for the shipping?

I mean, we have to ship spare parts, and their size varies from a cell phone size to products over a meter. Once we have recorded all sizes of all our products what we would like is that the order made was paired with the correct box size, so to improve shipping time and also be able to track a stat of our most used boxes.

Cheers,

Heya, thx you for your reply

I'm looking for a form with the final customer shopping chart for prestashop to select some of the default box sizes i may have set

I mean, the ideal form should be able to sum all sizes (admittedly different items, with different sizes) and be able to give me the best matching box to ship all items in.

This is very hard to do I think. You have to have a program that "knows" the best way to pack each product, if it's combined with any other product in your shop. So if your shop has 100 products with different sizes, the program must know the best way to pack product 1 and 100, 1 and 99, 1 and 98, 1 and 97 and so on.

But that is not all - it also has to know the best way to pack product: 1, 2, 3 and 100, or 1,2,5 and 99, or 34, 1, 42, 64 and 100 and so on..

To program something so "smart" will take a lot of code and work.

I've had a programmer to look into this on a zencart installation I have, and he said that it would be an extremely advanced algoritm to do such a calculation.