Need Help ! - How to add header text above attachment link on attachment tab?

Milford

Hi Guys,

My problem is that my clients on my prestashop website click the attachments tab for a product and simply do not see the small bullet point link to the attached file. What I would like to do is simply add header text above the bulletpoint attachment link that says:

Downloads: (click the link below to download attachments)

However I am having some trouble in doing this, can anybody help me?

Many Thanks in advanced.

Hi girl, :)

In product.tpl

Search for :

{if $attachments}
 <ul id="idTab9" class="bullet">

And then modify it to (make a back up before)

{if $attachments}
Click the link below to download attachements

Regards

• Like 1

Heey Mr Math_Php,

Thanks for your help with this, I have tryed your suggestion and it didnt work for me. I have also tryed the same thing but with

<p> Click the link below to download attachements</p>

and also tryed

<li> Click the link below to download attachements </li>

But no luck, do you have any more suggestions? if you do I will be very greatfull :)

Many Thanks,

Did you turn the shop to force compile and turn the caching off?

DesignHaus42 is right, you can also delete all tpl.php files in tools\smarty\compile

The problem is that smarty makes templates cache. Then you make change and they are not displayed. <_<

Have a good day :)

• Like 1

Hi math_php and DesignHaus42 ,

I added the new code kindly provided by Math_php and turned off the cache and there was no change, I then turned on force compile and refreshed my page and found the the product page wouldnt display so I had no choice but to turn force complie off.

Is there anything I am missing?

Many Thanks guys, your help is very much appreciated.

No luck I'm afraid,

I received the same outcome as when I switched on Force Compile as I did manually removing the files (but not index.php) in the compile folder. The product simply doesn't display, see attachment:

Everyone's help is much appreciated. All I want is a heading under the Attachment Tab. That says : Download files by clicking on link below:

Cheers Guys

post-360507-0-62314800-1347229134_thumb.jpg

Turn you cache off, and turn force compile on. Then go to your /config folder and find the file config.inc.php Open it and set error reporting to on. You have a smarty error on your site, that is why it is not loading all the way.

• Like 1

Hi DesignHause,

Bingo, I added an extra {/if} as you suggested and now when Force compile is turned on the product page loads. The Attachment tab also has the added in text. Although it has also added the download link twice. What could be causing the downloads link to duplicate?

The code from my product.tpl is:

{if $attachments}

Click the links below to download the PDF samples:

{foreach from=$attachments item=attachment}
  <li><a href="{$link->getPageLink('attachment.php', true)}?id_attachment={$attachment.id_attachment}">{$attachment.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</a><br />{$attachment.description|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</li>
 {/foreach}
{/if}