Prestashop addons support not replying. Module doesn't work, money not returned.

Mr.Beetroot

Hi all

Recently I bought a module called Youtube instant suggest from addons.prestashop.com

The module was supposed to function properly on Prestashop 1.3.3 but it does not work at all.

I contacted the addons support regarding this matter and Romain Montagne from the team asked for my ftp and backoffice login details stating that the problem could be fixed.

I gave them that information promptly when I received the reply (August 7th 2012) and since then niether have they fixed the module, nor returned the money for it.

Even though I wrote to them multiple times through the interface, contacted them through e-mail and even called them on the phone they are not giving any comprehendible reply.

I am writing on this forum to try to receive a reply from other Prestashop officials about this issue.

Also, I have purchased at least one other module for ±50 Euros from addons.prestashop.com which works only on one domain name,

and one of my sites has 2 mirrors.

How is that supposed to be dealt with?

If anyone ever came across such issues when dealing with Prestashop addons support please write in this topic.

Hello,

Romain answered you the 08/09/2012 asking you if you made some customisation of your backoffice. I don't know he asked you that but you never answered that question. He probably encountered issues with it.

Starting for this point, if you actually have a customized backoffice which certainly means you have a full custom Prestashop, i guess it could explain why the module doesn't work correctly.

Did you modify your shop ? Or maybe is your shop modified by your hosting company ?

Thks

Starting for this point, if you actually have a customized backoffice which certainly means you have a full custom Prestashop, i guess it could explain why the module doesn't work correctly.

Did you modify your shop ? Or maybe is your shop modified by your hosting company ?

Why this should matter? On another thread Matt Serralta made it clear that:

The contributors ( I am talking in general of course) always strive to provide a module that requires minimum support....We should provide refunds to unhappy merchants when the request is reasonable. A reasonable request is when a merchant is not able to use the product that they have purchase, they make every effort to remove the product from their website, and they notify us quickly.

Why it should be different if the module is built and sold by PrestaShop. Customer bought a module, it does not work, asking for a refund. Refund his/her money. Afterall

If [you] deny [this] requests for refund, then [this] customers [may] no longer purchase from PrestaShop, and in the long run, everybody looses including the contributors.
  • Like 2

1. I always check all of my spam folders to make sure that important e-mail doesn't get stuck there. I have not received a message from Romain asking if I made a customization to the backoffice. Moreover I PMed him personally multiple times since that date and have not received any reply whatsoever. Also as I stated in the first topic message I wrote several times after that to addons [a] prestashop.com and have not received a reply either. Why are you trying to tell me that you are right in this case and that you have tried contacting me and that it was me who didn't react? It's ridiculous. Instead of accepting the fact that addons support is yet to become properly maintained, you're trying to argue with me.

2. The only way the back office is customized is that it has a theme installed + several installed addons purchased through addons.prestashop.com

3. It is very important for us to have our Youtube reviews on our website so we purchased several other plugins that work like a charm. Instant suggest is the only addon that has not worked properly to date. We demand a refund for it.

• 2 weeks later...

would it not be possible to file a dispute with your credit card company?

It would. I'm going to try to do it today.

I thought the Addons service would be more responsive and help me solve this problem without using radical measures such as filing disputes with banks.

• 1 year later...

Agreed. It doesn't work - the reason why is irrelevant.

Support it or give a Refund! here to ...

no reason to draw it out for long time to ansver

no reson to make it look like its customers fault and say its a modyfied site,,, when its only modyfied with themes and modules from prestashop,,,,,