How to change googles information on my website

kendal21213

Hi first time user here, only installed prestashop this morning after a few days of messing around with zencart and oscommerce, iv found prestashop to be much easier for me (someone without coding experience)

i have set my site up roughly however when i type it in on google i get the result "apparel botique, free template from picaflor azul zen cart"

which is a template i installed when messing around with zen cart, before installing prestashop i deleted everything in my webhosting account and my mysql databases, literally wiped the lot but its still coming up with this

what do i need to change? im assuming its in a php file somewhere but like i said i have no coding experience so what do i know lol

any help is muchly appreciated

just to add to that underneath that text on google i ofc get my domain name then underneath that i get "Apparel Boutique : - Fragrance Oils ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping." i would like to edit all of that apart from the domain ofc

Edited by kendal21213 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

If Google is still showing old content from your site in their search product, it just means that their search bot has not indexed your page since you switched to Prestashop. There are many ways of getting your website index again, but this becomes part of a much larger question of SEO.

For now, your best bet is to make a google plus profile and post a link to your website on G+. This will encourage the google bot to visit your site soon.

Add your site to Google Webmaster

https://accounts.goo...bmasters/tools/

There are a few things to do there like add your site and then get it verified that it is your site, it’s all pretty straightforward.

Once your site is added if you go to the menu on the left column that says “health” then “fetch” you can ask Google to crawl your entire site or individual pages. Yes its best practise to add the site map etc etc etc but I have noticed adding pages via a site map does not guarantee the pages stay indexed but for some reason they do if you add via the above method even if the pages are not inserted to the sitemap. Also you can easily ask Google to remove indexed pages if the need arises.

Just want to add....Usually after about 2 hours you should see the page indexed via the Google search.

Edited by firstforward (see edit history)