Will pay..Need GST Tax showing all the time, even when customer are not logged in.

Andrew B

Hi All

I am happy to pay for this to be developed as it is halting up further progress with my site.

I want to show 10% GST Tax irregardless of weather a customer is logged in or not, as most of my customers are from Australia.

If they log in, when adding goods to the cart, it has a total at the end of the invoice / statement / basket with a 10% GST amount included in the final amount as well, as this is a government requirement.

If they outline that they are from another country then it removes the 10% GST accordingly.

IF you turned this into a module you would get alot of Australians purchasing this as it is a necesary law within Australia and normal to have taxes shown weather your logged in or not.

All Australians when looking at prices, automatically assume taxes are included, its a cultural thing.

Please pm me quotes on this functionality please.

I believe this functionality is already incorporated into Prestashop.

BO --> Payments --> Taxes --> Add New --> Create your GST Tax

Under Tax Options you also have " Enable Tax" "Show Tax Line In cart" & Base Tax on "Delivery Address"

Then you also need to complete the following

BO --> Payments --> Tax Rules --> "Create Your Tax Rules According to Country" (Australia is under Oceania)

In order to display prices including GST you need to state the "Tax Rule" during the setup of your product catalogue. This will then show on your website and then removed when a non Australian customer enters their address (assuming you have set the tax option as delivery address).

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...