blank page after enabling ssl

edd628

hi

i hope someone can help with this as i have been searching for hours justhost have installed a ssl certificate on my site and i have enabled ssl in the back office, now when i try loading the site i just get a blank page which is still there when i dissable the ssl. justhost are being less than helpfull as they just say everything is fine on there part. any ideas?

Hi

Thanks for your speedy reply my site url is www.personaliseyourgift.com i think the problem may just be with the home page, if you load the site using a catogory for example http://www.personaliseyourgift.com/en/8-personalised-mugs

the page loads and all links seam to work its just when you try loading the home page.

i have a feeling this is simple to resolve but i just cant see it.

thanks

Hi

I dont recall deleying anything at all i was working on the site all day yesterday then justhost installed the ssl certificate and then all i did was enable ssl and thats whaen the problem started. how can i resolve this as i have no idea

please excuse me i am a complete novice, im not sure which database to back up and what to do with it after i have re installed, i istalled prestashop with simple scripts if i choose the update option would that work even though i am on the latest version

thanks

please excuse me i am a complete novice, im not sure which database to back up and what to do with it after i have re installed, i istalled prestashop with simple scripts if i choose the update option would that work even though i am on the latest version

thanks

In that case, I would recommend that you contact your hosting provider, as they should be able to walk you through the process.

-Mike

justhost are not being very helpful they have just advised that i reinstal the theme i am using when i ask about losing products they just say they dont offer that level of support. if i knew what folder my products and theme settings where in i could just download the folders and replace them after i re-instal the theme.

justhost are not being very helpful they have just advised that i reinstal the theme i am using when i ask about losing products they just say they dont offer that level of support. if i knew what folder my products and theme settings where in i could just download the folders and replace them after i re-instal the theme.

The products and their data are all stored in your database, which you can find through your hosting provider's cPanel. As for your theme, it should be listed in the /themes folder of your site.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

hi

i have backed up the databases uninstalled prestashop, re-installed it and the exact same problem is happening on the home page any ideas

Did you reinstall it using a fresh copy of all PrestaShop files that you just downloaded, or the same files downloaded previously?

-Mike

i am stuck on what i can do justhost cant help presta cant help and i dont know what to do next

Honestly, I would suggest that you consider switching hosting providers. BlueHost is a great option if you're set on using a simplescript because not only is their entire team very well-versed on PrestaShop, but we were actually involved in developing the simplescript, which ensures a higher level of compatibility and functionality.

-Mike

Hi

Thanks i have managed to sort the problem now i will have a look at bluehost as the support i got from justhost was none existant.

How? I seem to have a very similar problem and am unsure of how to resolve.

HI

i am not sure i will be much help as this is very much a new thing for me and its the first website i have had so i have no experiance at all but my hosts (justhost.com) perform daily and weekly automatic backups so i just restored all the files from a backup i lost two full days of work on the site but at least i didnt have to start from the begining which was my innitial concern. Sorry if this hasnt been more help for you.

• 3 weeks later...

How did you solve this? I'm having the same problem, secure pages just come up blank if I enable SSL. I've done a fresh upload of 1.4.9.0. At first I couldn't get into my back office at all, it just kept throwing this: Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long. I had my hosting provider re-install the cert & bundle and that cured it but secure pages in the front office are still coming up blank.

Thanks.