Changing the title of a module

jumpink

I am trying to change the displayed title of a module. I tried going into module translations but I get a server error. I found the tpl files and changed all the language I needed to change except the title. Any idea what file the title would be located in? I would like CLIPBOARD to be FAVORITES

post-337057-0-77062500-1343535250_thumb.jpg

it would typically be located in one of the .tpl files.

open the main module php file, search for a function called rightColumn or leftColumn, which would be used to create the block that you want to change. inside that method see if the word CLIPBOARD appears there. otherwise see what .tpl file those functions reference.

I would also like to know the answer to this question. I have been trying to change the title of Pay by Check to be pay by mobile money and pay with Cash on Delivery to be Cash on Collection. I have changed all other parts of the module but the only one I cannot find is the one that changes the text which is displayed for the customer to pick the payment method

Hi

To force tpl modification to be rendered :

- Did you force compilation for smarty ?

- You can also dump tools/smarty/compil/ directory (keep index.php)

In tpl you can find

{l s='Pay by cheque' mod='cheque'}

This code will also serve for module translation.

Is english the language you want to display ?

Modules you want to modify are original ones or modifyed and renamed modules ?

If you get errors with modules translations, perhaps first step would be to remove damaged modules.

• Like 1

I have not touched smarty files. I will do so and let you know if it works. The modules are the originals and have not been modified at all. I have just changed the payment.tpl file where it says Pay By Cheque I have changed that to Pay by Mobile Money.

I have not encountered any error at all. Let me try the smarty suggestions and I will get back and inform you of the outcome.

Thanks