Guest Checkout Issues - Please Help

Hi Everyone,

I have recently experienced problems with the guest checkout, here is a message from a customer which I received today - "Customer message: It's impossible to 'instant order' on your website as when you get to step two the redirect is in an infinite loop and browsers stop the transaction."

I tried to order using this method myself and got an error message (see screen shot)

I definitely entered a First Name & Surname in the form but the message says I didn't ?

Tried again and again but no joy. Deleted Cookies etc and tried again but more error messages.

Could someone please have a look at this for me as I don't know why I have this problem?

If a customer creates an account and orders there isn't a problem.

The problem just seems to be with the "Guest checkout".

I use the default 5 step checkout (which works fine and we are receiving orders this way)

Can anyone help please?

I am using Prestashop 1.4.8.1

I can supply my shop URL if allowed?

Thank you in advance.

Peeps

post-341858-0-07726100-1343520575_thumb.jpg

Edited by Peeps (see edit history)

Perhaps, if you were to provide an address where the problem can be seen

Hi Phrasespot,

Thank you for your reply.

I wasn't sure if you were allowed to post URL's on here so I didn't just incase!

The address of my shop is www.rockinghamtrophies.co.uk.

As I mentioned, if a customer creates an account and orders using the standard 5 step option everything is fine, it is just the guest checkout I am having issues with.

I hope you can offer a solution.

Thank you.

Yes, I can replicate the issue. Try re-creating .htaccess and experiment with friendly URLs. Way back there was a bug due to a faulty JS statament but I cannot recall exatly what now; do a search at the tracker.

FWIW, there is no point having the instant checkout on if one has to complete as many fields as in a normal checkout IMO.

Edited by phrasespot (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

The 'firstname' 'lastname' error in the OP happens randomly for me (might be a cache, cookie thing) but i'm never able to checkout using instant checkout.

Guest checkout works ok with Paypal and also with a Sagepay simulator but with Sagepay live it's never works. It makes no difference if freindly URL are on or off. It's not browser related either.

It's as if the form values are not being carried over as Sagepay admin says 'name not provided', 'CV2 not provided' etc....

This causes payment to be refused and the user is then redirected to the order1 page.

I've been trying to sort this on and off for a week now and i'm losing the will to live!